mightyandrew

how can I activate my MIB 2 app-connect
image.jpg
IMG_6254.jpg

Jimm88GTE

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTE
Hello,

Can you help me with an MIB2 Update. My current version is 0343 (MHI2_ER_VWG11_S2125_1 0343) and I would like to upgrade to 1427.
(My part number is: 3G0035020J)

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Toby n stroud

Car(s)
vw golf estate 2ltr
I have a similar problem vw say that its an aggressive car shampoo that has got into the rear screen ,rubbish! The heated rear windscreen wires are affecting the dab vw recommended that I have the screen replaced, I would rather put a good dab sharkfin aerial in any recommendations please

venno

Car(s)
Passat B8
Can anyone advise if an update is available for my infotainment unit. It keeps freezing and rebooting when using WiFi or Android Auto

Attachments

• 20200923_163529.jpg
    20200923_163529.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 676
  • 20200923_163524.jpg
    20200923_163524.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 935

VALEK

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf 7 R DSG
@Chillout

I saw in the comments you might have firmware updates for the MIB2 infotainment system? I have the Discovery Pro, busy updating the maps now, will you be so kind to send me a link to the latest firmware for the MIB2 please?

And just a question, for some reason my car (2016 Golf 7 R) doesn't have the Performance monitor, do you maybe know how I can activate this?

ReaseGTI

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI 6MT
Hey @Chillout & @simaservis1108
Do you have any solution for MIB1 Discover Media (I believe)? I cannot seem to get my maps to work.
I have a 2015 GTI from the US - I am in Poland and have the updated Europe maps on my SD card but doesn't seem to work - however it works in my friend's 2015 Golf R.

TIA
IMG_5860.PNG

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe someone could help me with an issue I'm having.

Whenever I use a USB flash drive, I sometimes get a 'Device Not Recognized' message, and the only way to clear it is to reboot the system. This has happened with multiple USB flash drives. Even tried different formatting. Oddly enough it has never happened when using the sd card slot on the control unit in the glovebox. Perhaps there's a firmware update that might fix this?

Device part number - 3Q0-035-844-A
Hardware - 710
Software - 0751

Tried going to the dealer to check to see if there was an update but they claim they lost the card they use to update. Any way I can download (and from where) it and perform an update myself?

Any help, or suggestions would be great..

Thanks!

santib

Car(s)
Golf R
Hello All,

I was having an issue with my '17 R MIB2 rebooting every few minutes. Its a CPO car that I purchased about 3 weeks ago so its covered by the CPO warranty. I read online that the latest firmware is 0755 and mine had 0751. After removing the Map SD card the system would work fine. Today I took it in to the dealer and had them check it, they said that it did not need a software update and that they could not reproduce the issue. I told them to put the Map sd card in and it started to have issues right away. They started a case with VW technical and where told to update the firmware which toke almost 2 hours to complete. I now have version 0764 and a new Navigation SD card and all is well again, no issues on the 45min drive home so far.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
After removing the Map SD card the system would work fine. Today I took it in to the dealer and had them check it, they said that it did not need a software update and that they could not reproduce the issue.

Well-known and very common issue on '17's. There absolutely is a TSB about this and a software update IS required and does resolve the problem. Perhaps someone has a copy of it they can post here? Or just go to another dealership that's competent.

tim687

Car(s)
Golf 7 TSI
I've got a problem with my Discover Media, when using the sat nav, the speech is barely understandable since there are no pauses between the words. It also combines Dutch and English words together, streetnames are pronounced somewhat correctly, but road names are pronounced in English (for some weird reason). The garage we got the car from tried the SD card in another car and that worked perfectly. They replaced the 20/21 speech files with 2016 speech files, that resulted in Hoofddorp being called Halfweg, and the unit not talking 80% of the time.

Are there any updates I can apply to the unit to fix this?
I've attached pictures of the HMI Versions screen, is it normal that the versions mismatch? (check the red squares)

I'm using the:
3Q00035846
HW: 820
SW: 0633
Navigation db: 5NA919866AR 1430
Maps: ECE AS 20/21

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_165945.jpg
    IMG_20200928_165945.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 440
  • IMG_20200928_165938.jpg
    IMG_20200928_165938.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 353

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
No offense, but never really understood the need to use the satnav on infotainment when you have CarPlay/AA with Waze/Google Maps.

tim687

Car(s)
Golf 7 TSI
No offense, but never really understood the need to use the satnav on infotainment when you have CarPlay/AA with Waze/Google Maps.

Does the Discover Media have Android Auto?

EDIT: App Connect is not activated on my unit, not sure if I need that for AA

Last edited: