GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upcoming VTT Stock Location Turbo Upgrade Information / Intital Stock Flash Testing

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Great numbers! What is stock fueling limit on that turbo? 400-425 whp?

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Oh you went with drag radials and really wide at that? I had 245/45/17 drag radials and hated launching with them due to wheel hop and 60s weren't great. Launching with slicks was a night and day difference.

Edit: Also make sure you completely code ESC/ASC off and remove torque limitation and starting vibrations from VCDS or OBDeleven to make sure no nannies are messing with your launches.
I went with what we had here, we have a ton of drag radials lying around. These are off my BMW from before it needed full Bias Ply slicks. This car will need a wide tire with the TQ its making. Should be fine, I don't expect to break any records, car is on mostly stock suspension, I am not pulling a single thing out of the car. Full weight.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I think people are missing or underestimating how much volume is needed running full E85. Would the drop in pump solution you're offering potentially allow for similar power on pump fuel or a lower e85 blend?

Also, will you be dynoing the car on pump only in the future, just as a comparison? I'm following closely but I don't have easy access to e85 sadly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Car has already been dynoed on pump, just skip back a few pages. This thread entails the entire testing process from the beginning until now.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Car has already been dynoed on pump, just skip back a few pages. This thread entails the entire testing process from the beginning until now.
I meant maxed with additional fueling, I don't see any recent dynos with the additional fueling you've added.

I've been following since post one. Between the off topics and the "that was answered a few pages ago" responses without a link to that post, this thread is a mess. I'll check back later.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I meant maxed with additional fueling, I don't see any recent dynos with the additional fueling you've added.

I've been following since post one. Between the off topics and the "that was answered a few pages ago" responses without a link to that post, this thread is a mess. I'll check back later.

We cannot keep people on topic, welcome to the world of online forums. Rabbit holes are common and happen in most threads.

Yes if you ask a question that has been answered 4 times, a friendly go back a few pages, and find your answer will be suggested.

As for the additional fueling. I guess you do not understand the concepts clearly. Let me try to explain. Additional fueling doesn't add any power on pump gas, why would it? All additional fueling does is ensure you have enough flow when running higher boost, or ethanol blends requiring more volume, etc. Pump gas doesn't have enough octane to turn boost up any higher than it was. So if you cannot safely run anymore boost, why would you need more fuel? You wouldn't. Adding fuel pumps, and injectors does not add power on pump gas tunes. We pushed pump gas as far as we dared on terrible ACN91, we will not run pump gas in this car again. The only testing left is max effort. Which we are dabbling in now. Then its Drag strip torture testing, which we will give it a go tomorrow.

We will start a new thread with max effort testing results, and drag strip results. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
We cannot keep people on topic, welcome to the world of online forums. Rabbit holes, are common, and happen in most threads.

Yes if you ask a question that has been answered 4 times, a friendly go back a few pages, and find your answer will be suggested.

As for the additional fueling. I guess you do not under the concepts clearly. Let me try to explain. Additional fueling doesn't add any power on pump gas, why would it? All additional fueling does is ensure you have enough flow when running higher ethanol blends requiring more volume, etc. Pump gas doesn't have enough octane to turn boost up any higher than it was was. So if you cannot safely run anymore boost, why would you need more fuel? You wouldn't. Adding fuel pumps, and injectors does not add power on pump gas tunes. We pushed pump gas as far as we dared on terrible ACN91, we will not run pump gas in this car again. The only testing left is max effort. Which we are dabbling in now. Then its Drag strip torture testing, which we will give it a go tomorrow.

We will start a new thread with max effort testing results, and drag strip results. Enjoy your weekend.
You should really work on that attitude, and you customer service when your only outlet IS A FORUM. Best of luck, I'll take my interest elsewhere.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
There is alot of information to shift through. Maybe an update to original post showing the progress from different setups can help some and also avoid similar questions being asked again.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
There is alot of information to shift through. Maybe an update to original post showing the progress from different setups can help some and also avoid similar questions being asked again.
We will make a new post with with all the graphs, and the final numbers once max effort testing is done. UM is suggesting some new plugs which wont be here til the end of next week, so the Denso's we have now will have to suffice. Car is running good, looking forward to the strip tomorrow.

USA

Ready to race!
We will make a new post with with all the graphs, and the final numbers once max effort testing is done. UM is suggesting some new plugs which wont be here til the end of next week, so the Denso's we have now will have to suffice. Car is running good, looking forward to the strip tomorrow.
Sub'd. What plugs is UM recommending?

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Added a second Walbro on a hobbs for peace of mind, 1300CC injectors in the PI rail, Um flex wiring so I can take the car on trips, and it will auto tune for E content, 4 bar map sensors. Jeff changed the tune to use those injectors, and map sensors. As for fuel. Same as before about E75-E80 in the tank. Were having a LPFP issue on the dyno right now, so I am taking it off, to fix it so we can push it safely. Tomorrow is track day if all cooperates...:cool:

Nice!!
just for clarification, 1200cc injectors or 1300cc? on precisions website the print states 1200cc but the add optional injectors button shows 1300cc.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Changed the tune around a bit today. Same boost (30PSI) a little more power up top, but a LOT more response down low. The turbo is basically right behind the IS38 as far as response, but easily 500WHP capable.

Do you have logs of the boost curve for the old tune and new tune? I didn't see links to data in either post containing the dyno charts.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
maybe you should do what other people do when running a bussiness in CA. bring in some out of state 91 and or 93 and dyno the car on that. then dyno the car on that gas since 95% of your customers are going to run that setup. show us what your turbo can do on good pump gas with whatever pump you have in there.
you keep tell us you did a pump gas dyno already, well if its the 361whp dyno then that sucks bigtime. i want to see how it compares with proper pump gas not cali shit.
you have made some claims about your turbo outpowering gtx2867 or efr7163.
while i do have very little things experience with this platform i do know my turbos and th whole reason i went to this platform is i watched one friend with a stg3+ apr golf r go 10.81@127/128 with just this kit on this completely stk car with pas seat and rear seat removed and another friend with an a3 with a boss500 kit and a xhaust system running maestro tunned by himself go 11.1@128.
i have seen these guys dynos and their numbers are wayyyyyy higher than yours on pump gas. reg old 93. no corn.
do us all a favour and show us what your setup can do on good reg pump gas with a high flowing lpfp

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
maybe you should do what other people do when running a bussiness in CA. bring in some out of state 91 and or 93 and dyno the car on that. then dyno the car on that gas since 95% of your customers are going to run that setup. show us what your turbo can do on good pump gas with whatever pump you have in there.
you keep tell us you did a pump gas dyno already, well if its the 361whp dyno then that sucks bigtime. i want to see how it compares with proper pump gas not cali shit.
you have made some claims about your turbo outpowering gtx2867 or efr7163.
while i do have very little things experience with this platform i do know my turbos and th whole reason i went to this platform is i watched one friend with a stg3+ apr golf r go 10.81@127/128 with just this kit on this completely stk car with pas seat and rear seat removed and another friend with an a3 with a boss500 kit and a xhaust system running maestro tunned by himself go 11.1@128.
i have seen these guys dynos and their numbers are wayyyyyy higher than yours on pump gas. reg old 93. no corn.
do us all a favour and show us what your setup can do on good reg pump gas with a high flowing lpfp
We appreciate the feedback! We have done our pump gas testing, and documented every step of the way. If you are not happy with it, we apologize for that. Enjoy your weekend!