GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Two Cars One Build Journal Pic Intensive

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
I am not a Rotiform guy at all, but those wheels look awesome! Kind of like a mix of the Motegi MR133 and some split Y spoke. Very cool

thanks yah i think they're inspired by the 488 GTE wheels that they now sponsor/sponsored

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Wife came home with a new turbo back milltek exhaust installed and new Unitronic stage 2 tune. Wow how effortless and pedal response on her car is now as it goes through the gears.

Here’sa quick video of her coming home.

Attachments

• 09685647-E6B8-4223-A6ED-4DA7370DB1CC.jpeg
    09685647-E6B8-4223-A6ED-4DA7370DB1CC.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 129

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Friday was my mod day. Took half day off work and went to the wife's shop to have my Milltek turboback exhaust installed and Unitronics Stage 2 tune. Since the exhaust is off, I figured it would be a good time to install my Neuspeed 25mm rear sway bar.

Installed

That downpipe is a pain to do

But the end result <3

Another reason why I love hatchbacks...fit my entire stock exhaust into the car.

Then today, I got my euro short shifter and went and did that installation. Everything went smoothly except I didn't insert the shift cable deep enough into that spring clamp thingy so after the initial test drive I found it really difficult to shift into 1st and 3rd. Brought back home and redid that portion and all is fine in the world. No sexy pics of this as it's just a boring part inside the engine bay.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Friday was my mod day. Took half day off work and went to the wife's shop to have my Milltek turboback exhaust installed and Unitronics Stage 2 tune. Since the exhaust is off, I figured it would be a good time to install my Neuspeed 25mm rear sway bar.

Installed

That downpipe is a pain to do

But the end result <3

Another reason why I love hatchbacks...fit my entire stock exhaust into the car.

Then today, I got my euro short shifter and went and did that installation. Everything went smoothly except I didn't insert the shift cable deep enough into that spring clamp thingy so after the initial test drive I found it really difficult to shift into 1st and 3rd. Brought back home and redid that portion and all is fine in the world. No sexy pics of this as it's just a boring part inside the engine bay.

LOVE the two Porsche's in the background! That yellow one, is it a GT3 or GT2?

Last edited:

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Wow great build thread! Just curious being that I have unironic stage 1 and live in California, what do you guys do with stage 2 since on their website it says stage 2 only with 93 octane? Looking forward to following the builds(y):cool:

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Wow great build thread! Just curious being that I have unironic stage 1 and live in California, what do you guys do with stage 2 since on their website it says stage 2 only with 93 octane? Looking forward to following the builds(y):cool:

my wife’s car was the first for them to do a 91 octane file.im the second now. So far so good she’s been really responsive and amazing to drive. I have to relearn how this car drives.

LOVE the two Porsche's in the background! That yellow one, is it a GT3 or GT2?

It’s actually a GT3RS, there’s some serious client cars that come through there

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Damn. You are living every mans dream. Having a modding contest with your wife on the same platform! My wife drives a 19 WRX, and now understands the concept that some cars are more fun than others, but still isnt onboard with modding aspect.

Ovox0

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Might be my OCD, but your left tips doesn't seemed to be lined up perfectly. Inner tip seems to be a tad lower than the outer one. Same on your wife's R. Exhaust sounds great though, makes me want to get one.

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Might be my OCD, but your left tips doesn't seemed to be lined up perfectly. Inner tip seems to be a tad lower than the outer one. Same on your wife's R. Exhaust sounds great though, makes me want to get one.

you're not wrong, it's off for sure, Milltek builds these on jig that moves or something because her left exhaust tips are wonky too...more so than mine.

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Ordered these on Ebay on May 11th and they finally arrived to my door! Dynamic LED turn signals for me and the wife's R. I'll be the guinea pig first then do the install on hers after.

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
got the turn signals installed and it was pretty straightforward. The passenger side blinker seems to slide in a lot easier than the driver's. Now that I did it on mine, hopefully the wife's install will be just as pain free

Today I installed these on the wife's car.

Last edited: