GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turboparts Canada turbo thread

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
This thread is boring as fuck. Why does it exist again?

sportymk7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ok, so lets see this math and general rule of thumb.
Lets see some quarter mile slips with trap speeds.

You don't have that much weight reduction. Why don't you come up here and we can go head to head once I get my car back.
so, general rule is, seeing any given 60-130 shows how any car would accel in a given speed. with this known, you can get a rough estimate of a trap speed range. for example if you go on dragy and look through 60-130 times for let’s say the Rs3’s; all their 60-130 runs are correlated to a trap speed. Ex. 7.5 60-130 = 130-132mph trap.
as for slips, i’ll post those in a different comment.

where is “up here” since it seems like you know me but i have no clue who you are.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

sportymk7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ok, so lets see this math and general rule of thumb.
Lets see some quarter mile slips with trap speeds.

You don't have that much weight reduction. Why don't you come up here and we can go head to head once I get my car back.
73 car
dragy and slip just to show.
if you use general rule. you need to include my 2-3 shift in the 60-130. which unfortunately lowers the time to a 8.3-8.5 on average.

Attachments

• 9F01EA90-A1C2-4EEE-A7E0-5F209617944F.png
    9F01EA90-A1C2-4EEE-A7E0-5F209617944F.png
    315.2 KB · Views: 127
  • B2C20094-E5F5-4208-A126-0410B508E621.jpeg
    B2C20094-E5F5-4208-A126-0410B508E621.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 123

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
so, general rule is, seeing any given 60-130 shows how any car would accel in a given speed. with this known, you can get a rough estimate of a trap speed range. for example if you go on dragy and look through 60-130 times for let’s say the Rs3’s; all their 60-130 runs are correlated to a trap speed. Ex. 7.5 60-130 = 130-132mph trap.
as for slips, i’ll post those in a different comment.

where is “up here” since it seems like you know me but i have no clue who you are.

Up here is in Virginia Beach, VA.

73 car
dragy and slip just to show.
if you use general rule. you need to include my 2-3 shift in the 60-130. which unfortunately lowers the time to a 8.3-8.5 on average.

Now those are the times I was expecting to see. OP was claiming high 10's which is too quick for your setup.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
This thread is boring as fuck. Why does it exist again?

TPC started a really aggressive thread calling out individual people by name, then got totally quiet once people started asking real questions.

1. How many TPC turbos were sold and how many failed. All we know is they didn't sell 5 turbos in Denver. That probably indicates low sales overall.
2. Why did @BecauseMotor turbo fail in 2000 miles.
3. Why did @Navi turbo fail in 2000 miles.
4. Why post here attacking people when you're clearly in the wrong by selling turbos that pop at 2000 miles.

What kind of business literally attacks people when they themselves fucked up? I personally wouldn't take a chance buying a turbo from these idiots when there are better options out there. Turbos pop, they go on the internet and try to put the blame on you. Who the fuck needs that for a turbo that doesn't even perform as well as other options? It's like choosing to shove a hot poker in your own eye. WHY!?

LINK TO THREAD DOCUMENTING THE PROBLEM:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/psa-tpc20-not-recommended.378924/

I'm done here until TPC responds.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Now those are the times I was expecting to see. OP was claiming high 10's which is too quick for your setup.
Again, seems like OP is lying and trying to push a product. They still haven't answered simple questions like why their turbos failed. So they come on here and slander @Navi, post fake results to try to push their product, ghost the thread when asked why their turbos pop in 2000 miles. Seems fishy as fk..

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Not interested in responding to their racketeering anymore. You're right, I'm not bothering bc everyone that works for the company (the three guys that post on here) are super biased and riders to the max. No point in trying to have any resemblance of an intellectual or adult conversation.
It is you who has deflected from my comment. I have not posted anything childish at all. Since the crux of your argument from your original post is that your turbo is failing for the second time I am asking you to post a screen shot of the part of the original conversation that shows where you told us this as we would have worked you you to fix it or upgrade it.
But you can't because this never happened. By point of this is that you lied in your PSA thread and that you are no better than the facebook troll.

I'll ask again, please post a screenshot of where you told us your turbo was failing for a second time. We do not appreciate the fact that you did not tell the whole story. Come clean Navi.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
TPC started a really aggressive thread calling out individual people by name, then got totally quiet once people started asking real questions.

1. How many TPC turbos were sold and how many failed. All we know is they didn't sell 5 turbos in Denver. That probably indicates low sales overall.
2. Why did @BecauseMotor turbo fail in 2000 miles.
3. Why did @Navi turbo fail in 2000 miles.
4. Why post here attacking people when you're clearly in the wrong by selling turbos that pop at 2000 miles.

What kind of business literally attacks people when they themselves fucked up? I personally wouldn't take a chance buying a turbo from these idiots when there are better options out there. Turbos pop, they go on the internet and try to put the blame on you. Who the fuck needs that for a turbo that doesn't even perform as well as other options? It's like choosing to shove a hot poker in your own eye. WHY!?

LINK TO THREAD DOCUMENTING THE PROBLEM:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/psa-tpc20-not-recommended.378924/

I'm done here until TPC responds.
You are Team Navi so anything i post you will disagree with.

It is irrelevant how many turbos have failed (it's a still barely higher than the 3 failures we were at in oct), what matters is how we dealt with those failures. NONE of the people who's turbos failed were not either rebuilt or upgraded. You ask why i am attacking him? I want him to prove his claims, that's all. Show me were he stated he was having a second issue. You can't and he can't because he never did.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Good morning everyone.
I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. There must be something with the culture. I thought Canada was known for being nice, maybe Ottawa has a very aggressive culture?