GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tornado Red GTD

Luddite

Ready to race!
Yuk

That gives me a good excuse for NOT taking the 86yo Dragon out in my pride and joy.

Quite! Lol
In all seriousness the seat's safe, but her usually irritating face was a picture.
I'm loving the in-gear pull of the gtd.
I'm guessing the dragon-in-law.....not so much.
:D

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Are they ever happy though - mine's been a thorn in my flesh for >30yrs.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Hope your wife's not reading this Rob ? :D:D

Luddite

Ready to race!
Are they ever happy though - mine's been a thorn in my flesh for >30yrs.

Oh, they're happy alright. Just so long as they have something to be unhappy about.
Sounds like you enjoy the sort of "quite happy if I never see you again" relationship that I enjoy with my pain-in-the-ar*e-in-law?

DW58

Go Kart Champion

caravaggio

Passed Driver's Ed
Thats strange - I hear the opposite - as most Golfs are five-door there are more limited runs of three-doors so you have to wait longer. Same for DSG. Its doesnt look good for my 3-door DSG order!

I have a 3-door DSG GT and it took less than 3 months.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
LHD and no sea journey involved, takes a big chunk out of the delivery time hence customers on mainland Europe much further from Wolfsburg/Zwickau get their Golfs delivered much quicker than we do in the UK and even moreso Ulster/The Irish Republic.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Rob, Yes that comes in to it too - but in my case the principal factors that give a five month build period are:

RHD
3-door
DSG
GTD (different bodywork)
chose six options

They build cars in batches of similar vehicles and by far the most numerous is a basic LHD, 5-door manual car to S, SE or GT spec. Once you start to deviate from that, initially with RHD, there are fewer build slots available. DSG makes it even worse and throw in occasional supply issues for option parts and you have a long wait on your hands for a car such as I have ordered.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Of those, I think RHD, 3-door and GTD are the most significant, but clearly we're considered lower priority by Volkswagen.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I don't think thats the case Rob - its just that only a tiny minority of the build requirements conform to that specification - so there will be far fewer slots available and consequently it will take a lot longer.

Of course its fine for me to say that as I am driving a lovely Scirocco 170 GT and completely happy to wait six months for the GTD! I appreciate others are rather fristrated...

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Yes mine is LHD, but it came by sea on the Emdem and then transported by truck once in Spain.

Really, I didn't realise Golfs went to Spain by sea. Well, you learn something every day.