GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top or bottom?

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Thinking of removing that 50% tint; gets too dark at night and interfere with proper visibility .... plus I think it looked better without tint!!!! Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

top ^

Probably minority opinion here, but I'm a fan of lighter/almost no tint.
What annoys me most is the obvious difference between front door
and rear windows. I would prefer it to be the same, but sadly it isn't
road-legal tinting the fronts where I live.
Didn't your CS come with 65 % tint from factory? (or as our American
cousins would say 35 % as they use to number remaining light transfer)

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
I share your opinion; this is the first time the 50% tint is allowed here so I went for it; just to discover that I do like the no tint more.
My CS came woth a very light tint; not sure about the figure but it is shown in the top picture. Will check with the sales and get back to you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Bottom with a lighter tint, assuming you dont have any restrictions between front and rear window tints. Black car with tint completes the look.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Neither. Somewhere in the middle. A very light ceramic tint would do wonders for heat rejection and not compromise visibility.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I like no tint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Filonga did say over here, and he is not wrong on that one, ordinarily we shouldn't label others , but on the 'whole' people who have tints like that .....:rolleyes:

Likely in the USA tinted cars meant this at one time but now a large number of people tint, plus we are SUV and Crossovers happy and these vehicles come with tints from factory on all rear half windows. Just a matter of tinting the front two.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Likely in the USA tinted cars meant this at one time but now a large number of people tint, plus we are SUV and Crossovers happy and these vehicles come with tints from factory on all rear half windows. Just a matter of tinting the front two.

Probably you may have misunderstood, factory tints are not bad, the bottom picture is obviously aftermaket, to me they look ridiculous and as the OP discovered reduces safety, the top picture there doesn't seem to be the standard tint at all, so as others have pointed out, somewhere in between :cool: