GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Today's Best Mounts

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Yeah it seems that way, I don’t hear a lot about torque solutions but it seems like they can be had around $300 for the set I’ve debated giving them a go
How important do you find comfort, versus having to replace mounts (since they are a wear item)?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I’m a baby. I want comfort.
If I went BFI which I’m too poor for it would be Stage 1
Alright, yeah I think the stage 1 BFI mounts are tolerable BUT I'm not bothered by poly everywhere and solid mounts. The BFI mounts are super nice, well worth the price. You mention cost as an issue for the BFI mounts, have you looked at their inserts? Oh and the Powerflex hybrid insert is a good option as well. But I'm just a guy on the internet, if it's not in the cards for you then by all means explore other options.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Alright, yeah I think the stage 1 BFI mounts are tolerable BUT I'm not bothered by poly everywhere and solid mounts. The BFI mounts are super nice, well worth the price. You mention cost as an issue for the BFI mounts, have you looked at their inserts? Oh and the Powerflex hybrid insert is a good option as well. But I'm just a guy on the internet, if it's not in the cards for you then by all means explore other options.
Yeah if I did BFI I would get insert and engine

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Man this thread just made me really question my “firm” decision on 034 mounts from FCP.
It will be fine...you aren't wheel hoping a 400whp fwd GTI. I beat the shit out of mine...no issues since installing 2 years ago. I'm sure they will get loose over time just like the stockers but I'm not feeling it yet. BFI look v. nice, maybe next time I'll try those to see what the hype is about.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
It will be fine...you aren't wheel hoping a 400whp fwd GTI. I beat the shit out of mine...no issues.
I literally think "But Adam flogs his car every day on 034 mounts" every time I read shade about them. I do think there must be a difference between managing all that pounding from wheel hop as opposed to our cars

SierraCarrera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Sport, 981 CS
It will be fine...you aren't wheel hoping a 400whp fwd GTI. I beat the shit out of mine...no issues since installing 2 years ago. I'm sure they will get loose over time just like the stockers but I'm not feeling it yet. BFI look v. nice, maybe next time I'll try those to see what the hype is about.
I have a 400whp GTI and no issues with mine (yet) :)

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
IIRC BFI tells you to leave it alone. I know there were some issues with the allen head bolt, but I want to say they're tied to [over]torquing the bolt when replacing the insert. Not too certain, I've never had one need replaced. Ran them in my mk4 days and now in the mk7 and they're a fantastic piece.
BFI told me the same thing. If you buy their mount assemblies (assembled with the insert already) then no need to tighten the bolt. Just bolt it to the frame and engine or trans as is. If you need to change the insert in the future, then you would need to reassemble and torque it down.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
People not doing the Powerflex hybrid these days?

I run the hybrid puck and love it. Still holding up well.

In addition to the puck I also run the stage 2 BFI engine/trans mounts and they have been holding up well for the last ~40k miles. I love them.

stevelatt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
What is the consensus for the new streetsport/tracksport 034 mounts? I know the density line ones are basically just OEM with lipstick but the others seem like an actual improvement. Any one actually run them? I know they're more money than the BFI ones so from a pure value perspective it probably doesn't make sense if they perform the same but DO they perform the same?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
What is the consensus for the new streetsport/tracksport 034 mounts? I know the density line ones are basically just OEM with lipstick but the others seem like an actual improvement. Any one actually run them? I know they're more money than the BFI ones so from a pure value perspective it probably doesn't make sense if they perform the same but DO they perform the same?
they're noisy AF, moreso than my stage 2 BFI. don't own them but have ridden in cars with them.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Seems like 034 does rubber over poly in all of their various mounts/bushings.

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
Does anyone have any experience of the CTS mounts (60durometer rubber) or the Unitronic dog bone mount? I'm at 100k mi and want some OEM+ engine mount goodness without the vibes. I looked at the GTI CSS engine mount numbers and they are different than the regular GTI and R but they all seem to have been superseded

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Does anyone have any experience of the CTS mounts (60durometer rubber) or the Unitronic dog bone mount? I'm at 100k mi and want some OEM+ engine mount goodness without the vibes. I looked at the GTI CSS engine mount numbers and they are different than the regular GTI and R but they all seem to have been superseded
Unitronic dogbone is quite nice. Holding up well, I wouldn't get the race version for oem+ but I'm sure street is fine with similar engine/trans mounts. Only downside is cost.

As far as I can tell the CTS mounts are identical to 034 or veltsport. Chinese replicas with poorly bonded rubber.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Bolt won’t go back in after I put the dogbone mount insert in, think the dog bone arm looks too far towards front of car. It’s that black metal piece just below the treads. Any tips to move it? Won’t budge.

DAP says to try and move things with flatheads or pry bars. Lasthumansgarage says to try turning the engine on…

There’s no way turning the engine on with the bolt out is a good idea. And this thing isn’t moving at all as I try to push on the engine or trans.

https://youtube.com/shorts/9cdv652Bzm8?si=1MBD2NU_XuM6PXVJ
I used a big flathead screwdriver and some rage