GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those with o2 spacers and CEL free

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Remember guys, codes such as stuck lean and slow to respond means the o2 is not getting enough exhaust gas. So you will need a spacer with a larger, more direct opening to the exhaust gas flow.

Codes related to cat inefficiency or threshold codes mean you need to use a more restrictive spacer

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Remember guys, codes such as stuck lean and slow to respond means the o2 is not getting enough exhaust gas. So you will need a spacer with a larger, more direct opening to the exhaust gas flow.

Codes related to cat inefficiency or threshold codes mean you need to use a more restrictive spacer

P2270 FWIW

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Hey Diggs, it seems as though your o2 sensor isn't getting enough exhaust gases or there's a leak, I'm leaning towards you need a spacer that allows more exhaust gas to the o2 sensor.

That code usually triggers when the a/f sensor which is upstream of the o2 is calling for a richer mixture and the o2 sensor verifies that the mixture is relative to the a/f sensor demands.

Another forum member had a similar code where he had system slow to respond from lean to rich. He's running the same spacer as me so i recommended that he use the larger orifice insert instead of the middle sized unit.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
So, no spacer at all isn't enough exhaust to the sensor? Not sure how I can get more than that.

Possible you have a small leak? I ditched all the janky clamps and had a shop weld my entire system together for like $20

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I guess? I replaced dp gasket. no other entry points except downstream of the sensor where the resonator clamps on.

I didn't even replace that gasket.. whoops?

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Are you still getting a lean code with no spacer?

I reused my downpipe gasket and my car has been fine so far :: knocks wood ::

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
E30 could explain it... I'm not too familiar with JB4 but are there provisions for raising the fuel pump duty cycle, etc.?

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I'm also running e10, I'm almost certain your lean code is related to the e30 mix.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Diggs - you try the mini-cat spacer? Still doesn't work?

Ends up I have to take my upper portion off in order to removed the Vibrant J-Style spacer and try something else or another orifice. I can't access it from the top

Debating just running the JB4 with Future Use D and forgetting about it lol