GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those that upgraded their IC ?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
How many of you removed the plastic panels (air diverters) on both sides of the lower air intake on the front fascia? The stock setup diverts the air into the condenser. Front mount installations require removing these (they pop out) to give more air coverage. Reason I ask is removing these also benefit us stock location (sandwhich) setup due to increased air flow into IC area. It is pretty sizable area (both sides) that is opened up. FYI.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I watched a boobtube video of FMIC and caught that simple mod. Definitely helps pull air past and into the sandwich. I’m sure an air craft mechanic or air flow design engineer on here has a debate on why it does not work. I’m pretty dumb...

Navi

Autocross Champion
well according to Bernoulli's equation and laminar flow it's better to have the ducts in to keep the constant pressure and air flow perpendicular to the condenser.

just kidding I made that up. I don't remember physic stuff. But yea, it probably makes no difference but I figured they are there for a reason so fuck it, back they go.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
well according to Bernoulli's equation and laminar flow it's better to have the ducts in to keep the constant pressure and air flow perpendicular to the condenser.

just kidding I made that up. I don't remember physic stuff. But yea, it probably makes no difference but I figured they are there for a reason so fuck it, back they go.

Lol. No shit. It probably creates a huge hot spot on the IC. ;).

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I put them back in. Broke one too.

I’m sure it may help the condenser on hot days in slower traffic. Yeah I just yanked them out and threw them into my recycle plastic trash. Lol.