GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

They Have ARRIVED!!

iAmLodi

Ready to race!
Those are where the tow hooks are located. They're normally hidden by color matched plastic covers.

Last edited:

fluidd

Passed Driver's Ed
it sucks a bit that the reflectors are within the headlight. many NA guys tend to shave or smoke reflectors and now they will have to replace the headlight or maybe open it up.

I agree.. I was planning on buying Euro Golf R headlights anyway.. but the orange reflector really kills the look of the car IMO =(

iAmLodi

Ready to race!
Anybody seen any DSG's yet? I know the three doors don't look like they'll be showing up until late summer/early fall, but do we know anything about when the DSG's will be hitting showrooms?

b.rock1

Anybody seen any DSG's yet? I know the three doors don't look like they'll be showing up until late summer/early fall, but do we know anything about when the DSG's will be hitting showrooms?

DSGs are definitely hitting showrooms alongside the 6 MT - I test drove a 5 door DSG a couple weeks back. I can't get over how pleasing the upshift 'fart' is to listen to - definitely choosing the DSG for Calgary traffic and commuting.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Looks like the US/Ca spec GTi runs higher than the European spec...

iAmLodi

Ready to race!
DSGs are definitely hitting showrooms alongside the 6 MT - I test drove a 5 door DSG a couple weeks back. I can't get over how pleasing the upshift 'fart' is to listen to - definitely choosing the DSG for Calgary traffic and commuting.

Not sure about the West Coast, but we've had 6 MT's available out here for a few weeks now, no DSG's as of yet.

Looks like the US/Ca spec GTi runs higher than the European spec...

You mean ride height is higher than euro models? I think it was the same for the mk5's and 6's too if I remember correctly.

b.rock1

Not sure about the West Coast, but we've had 6 MT's available out here for a few weeks now, no DSG's as of yet.

Oh that's odd - you would assume since the GTIs are apparently shipping through the east coast that you would have them before us.