GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate Ignition Coil Upgrade is Here! (APR Red Ignition Coils!)

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Did my first full WOT pull on these a little while ago and no problems. Logs look good. They perform as advertised so far.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
What are your plugs gapped at now? And are you still running the RS7?

I swapped to NGK Ruthenium plugs and didn't change the gap out of the box. The RS7s I pulled looked good but I had planned to swap the plugs regardless while I was in there.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I swapped to NGK Ruthenium plugs and didn't change the gap out of the box. The RS7s I pulled looked good but I had planned to swap the plugs regardless while I was in there.

What was the gap out of the box?

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
.028 to .030 ish. I'm running lower boost levels than a few months ago. I'll likely see how the gap holds up when I turn the boost back up in the summer.
Thanks. I just bought these coils just hoping to reduce the risk of knock. I was planning in using NGK RS7 plugs at their normal gap.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I think the rs7 plugs are factory gapped at .026. I think .026 with the 10 percent stronger coil, you will get great.

Thanks. I just bought these coils just hoping to reduce the risk of knock. I was planning in using NGK RS7 plugs at their normal gap.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
To add to RED coil packs annoying people...

I gold foil wrapped my coil pack wiring (picture of my "warm" 1.4lt)…….why?...ever had to re-wire the old 1.8T as the exposed wires got brittle with heat soak??..I have!!…& yes they made a heat cover for the Audi equipped cars which I retro-fitted when I installed new wiring in a Mk4 GTI

P5060055-reduced.jpg