GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Haha thanks. I wish I could take most of the credit, but I basically started with the already low Truecar price of $23,131 and worked down from there. Shopped it around multiple dealers. On the final offer, I called one more dealer and they said they couldn't get within $500 of that price so I just went with it.

Yes sir. Serramonte VW, little bit south of San Francisco.

Same here! My previous car was a manual and I really wanted a manual again, but my SO cannot drive stick. The DSG is a lot more fun than I expected though, shifts are so quick and smooth.
Congrats! I used to live in Daly City, near that Serramonte area, and with the increasing cost of living, I'm really surprised by the deal you got.

Time to convince my gf's family to get a GTI since her parents still live in the Bay

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

barische

Go Kart Champion
I got quoted 23k OTD including tax,title, fees, etc. at a dealer at MD..
got quoted 24k at NJ dealer -

I see about surplus of cars on autotrader which leads me believe they will be heavily discounted come end of year. VW currently running 3k off msrp incentives. Should i be hustling dealers now or wait till december? I question will wait be worth it?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

I see about surplus of cars on autotrader which leads me believe they will be heavily discounted come end of year. VW currently running 3k off msrp incentives. Should i be hustling dealers now or wait till december? I question will wait be worth it?

Following information will make others understand the deal better.
- Model with options
- Price without tax and title including all dealer fee

spyder57

Haha thanks. I wish I could take most of the credit, but I basically started with the already low Truecar price of $23,131 and worked down from there. Shopped it around multiple dealers. On the final offer, I called one more dealer and they said they couldn't get within $500 of that price so I just went with it.

Yes sir. Serramonte VW, little bit south of San Francisco.

Same here! My previous car was a manual and I really wanted a manual again, but my SO cannot drive stick. The DSG is a lot more fun than I expected though, shifts are so quick and smooth.

Thanks for the info!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

If manual, you might be able to get even lower. If that's DSG pricing, that's pretty good.

barische

Go Kart Champion
Base car with? (MT / DSG)

You need to give the necessary information for the anyone to give their opinion on you deal.

MSRP:

Selling price with Destination fee:

Dealer / Documentation fee:

Any other charges:

Base with manual - OTD means all fees, tax, title etc included. Working couple dealers. Got verbal that they can beat 22.5k. The dealer i talked with has 51 GTIs in stock as of last week.. I may just wait till 2018s come out n try to hustle them then.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Base with manual - OTD means all fees, tax, title etc included. Working couple dealers. Got verbal that they can beat 22.5k. The dealer i talked with has 51 GTIs in stock as of last week.. I may just wait till 2018s come out n try to hustle them then.

I do know what OTD means. Tax and title fee vary based on where you live. If you give OTD, no one will know what the dealer price is and thus cant rate your deal based on your first post.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
2017 GTI Sport with $600 of junk (mats/splash guards/storage/etc) a bit under $24K and got a good price on my trade in. I haven't read through all the posts but remember in addition to ignoring TTL to mention your trade in and if you got what the fair price is.

My trade was a 2012 V6 Mustang Base model MT with the performance package. Excellent condition When I negotiated (all online) the dealer and I agreed to a number but he said "your car has to be what you say it is" That made sense....When I got there he said "I felt better after seeing pics of it, you would be shocked at what some people claim to be great shape"