GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Aftermarket Suspension Thread

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Pretty much it! Post up a pic of your lowered Mk7 with a description of what aftermarket suspension you are on. Also, feel free to write a quick review of how the new springs/coilovers ride compared to stock and any issues you have with the product.

*Will update OP regularly*

frgr8r

Passed Driver's Ed
Just lowered my '15 DSG Autobahn on ST XTA Coilovers. Still getting the ride heights dialed in, trying to resist the temptation to dump it. Currently sitting around 25 1/8" FTG all around. 225/40/18 on 18x8.5 +35 Konig Kilograms.

Running 6 clicks from full stiff front, 5 clicks from full stiff rear. You have to remove the rear shocks to adjust the rebound, fronts can be done with a small Allen wrench. You can't adjust the camber plates on the car without cutting the strut tower opening. Planning on possibly doing this in the coming months. Height adjustment is simple in front, don't have to remove the wheels if you're not slamming it. The rears, not so simple, as the spring perch spins while trying to adjust the height (these only use one spanner wrench), so you may have to remove them to adjust height too, making this a pain.

The ride is firm but well controlled at my current settings, haven't tried anything else yet, as it's a pain to adjust the rears. If I had to do it again, I would probably go 9-10 clicks from stiff front, and 8 in the rear.

Pics:
uploadfromtaptalk1434161693635.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434161748495.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434161790793.jpg

Cooktenstein

Ready to race!
Good luck on getting this thread started. I have tried with the "official coilover thread" like we have on the MK6 forum and with just an inquiry thread about coilovers. There are tons of info on springs on here, but the height adjustable crowd is MIA. Sub'd

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I just scooped up a set of H&R Deep coils for MK7. Waiting to get the rest of my parts before I get these installed. The camber plates that are included look SICK!

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Nice!

Is this ECS' Spring and Flush Kit? How much drop?
Yes on the flush kit. The springs are VWR, which i did buy from ECS, but can be had almost anywhere. You can get alternatives to the ECS kit, but i liked the fact they took all the guess work out with the correct length bolts and spacer widths.

I was too excited to receive and install and forgot to take measurements, but i'd say a good inch. Here's the car at stock. When I see this pic, it looks so jacked up to me nowadays.

MilkyMk7

Ready to race!
Have vwr are spring on now but walked into my local tuning shop to look at a vinyl badge for my trunk and ended up walking out with these instead

Neo motorsport blue coilovers

Opps [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Will be installing them tomorrow