GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Not sure what I am going to get, but it will be a bigger car no doubt that is fun and more comfortable. Could be American V8 RWD muscle with 4 doors. But it will be at least 6 months before I go through this again, and I won't buy a car without being able to check it out for a while.

List of cars are possible:

2015 Chrysler 300 S or SRT8
2015 Chevy SS
2013-2014 CTS-V if I can find one
2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan with V8
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited or higher or SRT8
2015 Dodge Charger 392, or if I save longer, Hellcat

Other options:

2016 Nissan Maxima
2015 Kia Optima (loaded)
2016 Passat or CC

There are no BMW, Infiniti, Audi, or Volvo dealers in 200 miles of here. So they are out.

Damn that's a shame, but you've got some good choices here. Good luck.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Sadly, I just sold my R back to VW. I had the same issue as I did with my Mk6. The seats are hurting my back and sciatica. Too much pressure on the bottom cushion into my sides. And it made it hard to get out of that seat. Ugh. Wish they would put seats like the Passat in it. The ride even in comfort wasn't all that great either. Still a bit rough.

Took a little loss, but they are selling it again for $38,4k. 700 miles. I will just drive my beater for now till I am ready to look again. Next car will definitely be bigger, more comfortable, and somewhat fun as well.

wow that sucks.

Not sure what I am going to get, but it will be a bigger car no doubt that is fun and more comfortable. Could be American V8 RWD muscle with 4 doors. But it will be at least 6 months before I go through this again, and I won't buy a car without being able to check it out for a while.

2015 Chevy SS

Other options:

2016 Nissan Maxima
2015 Kia Optima (loaded)
2016 Passat or CC

There are no BMW, Infiniti, Audi, or Volvo dealers in 200 miles of here. So they are out.

I would get the Chevy SS hands down, but manual from what i remember is order only. The v6 passat isn't bad either, add an exhaust and that vr6 growl. I rented a current 1.8t a year ago and i can really see it as my daily if i have another car on the side, it's huge on inside, visibility is excellent, but interior has that american car feel.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Damn that's a shame, but you've got some good choices here. Good luck.

Yea, and that may change some by the time I am ready.

wow that sucks.

I would get the Chevy SS hands down, but manual from what i remember is order only. The v6 passat isn't bad either, add an exhaust and that vr6 growl. I rented a current 1.8t a year ago and i can really see it as my daily if i have another car on the side, it's huge on inside, visibility is excellent, but interior has that american car feel.

It is nice, but for same price the charger 392 is faster and more powerful. All depends on how they drive. I like how the 300 S and Srt model looks too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
and here i am wishing i had GTI seats in my WRX..

It works for many. You are much skinnier than me. Haha :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

2015 Chevy SS

Other options:

2016 Nissan Maxima
2015 Kia Optima (loaded)
2016 Passat or CC

And I thought I could be all over the place ;)

oh man, $35K... that would have been stellar for a private buyer. Even Max would have bought it! :lol: :D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
All three guys I know with the 2015 are the smaller side and only the tiniest of the three ever mentions he wishes it was slightly more bolstered, and he probably barely weighs 150lbs wet, but never says its bad by any means. Maybe by a chest strap or something to go around your torso when you drive, lol. :iono:

I use these for track days sometimes:

http://www.gforce.com/products/netsanres/4290.php

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Sadly, I just sold my R back to VW. I had the same issue as I did with my Mk6. The seats are hurting my back and sciatica. Too much pressure on the bottom cushion into my sides. And it made it hard to get out of that seat. Ugh. Wish they would put seats like the Passat in it. The ride even in comfort wasn't all that great either. Still a bit rough.

Took a little loss, but they are selling it again for $38,4k. 700 miles. I will just drive my beater for now till I am ready to look again. Next car will definitely be bigger, more comfortable, and somewhat fun as well.

Ok sorry to see that. Very.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
he just said rev 4 is just about final, its a completely safe 91 octane tune that i can beat on every day with no worries at all.

OK then start the daily beating and post up the results. Lets hope he is correct.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
All three guys I know with the 2015 are the smaller side and only the tiniest of the three ever mentions he wishes it was slightly more bolstered, and he probably barely weighs 150lbs wet, but never says its bad by any means. Maybe by a chest strap or something to go around your torso when you drive, lol. :iono:

I use these for track days sometimes:

http://www.gforce.com/products/netsanres/4290.php
Define wet

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Just got a rev 5 file. Rev 4 was gonna be my final. In rev 4 he moved the power slightly lower, at the expense of a hair top end. He said he was playing it safe, and he can get a bit more top end out of rev 5 before we are final. Going out to install rev 5 in a couple mins. Takes 30 seconds. literally.