GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Are you getting yours from the same dealer as before? What are the lease details? ~4xx with 2k down as you quoted prior?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Are you getting yours from the same dealer as before? What are the lease details? ~4xx with 2k down as you quoted prior?

same thing i posted. and same dealer. $2000 down. $434/month out the door. 10k mile lease. hope this thing keeps its value...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Post up pics of the car when you get it. Should be a fun transition.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
10,208 in #placprofit

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
same thing i posted. and same dealer. $2000 down. $434/month out the door. 10k mile lease. hope this thing keeps its value...

You will trade it in after the lease is over. why are you concerned about keeping the value?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
a review just said it takes regular gas, not premium. that would be incredible if its true

(i guess if you tune it you would need premium anyway..)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Since your not leasing the white Forester you can mod it!

Forester is a lease I thought, right?

What's that rated at for mileage, btw?
Run premium or no?

limited loaded manual with harmon kardon/nav. dont need the nav but have to get the harmon which is in the same package. white.

Congrats man

Was this car easy to find out there?
Or how far is this dealer?

What's the mileage rated at on a WRX too?

And from what I've seen, WRX's hold their value very well.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Forester is a lease I thought, right?
What's that rated at for mileage, btw?
Run premium or no?
Was this car easy to find out there?
Or how far is this dealer?
What's the mileage rated at on a WRX too?

And from what I've seen, WRX's hold their value very well.

Forester is a lease.

Strangely enough, it requires premium gas, but the new WRX engine does not. (hmm some sites say WRX needs premium...)

Pretty rare car. usually only 1 color choice, sometimes 2.

its my closest dealer to me, 10 mins away.

Forester mileage: 23/28
WRX mileage: 21/28

Forester Tidbits:
The XT trim provides a much sportier ride, thanks in part to its stiffer chassis, increased spring rates and bigger brakes. To our delight, we found that the XT model's 18-in tires vastly improve handling without diminishing ride comfort or increasing noise levels. Of course, the real joy when driving the XT is the rush of power from the turbo engine. If you require superior passing power and jack-rabbit sprints, this is the engine you'll want in your Forester. While performance figures are not exactly in the WRX's territory, the XT can dash from zero to 60 mph in just 6.2 seconds.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i guess the average 0-60 i am seeing on the M/T WRX is about 5.5s. Still not bad, bone stock it's about the same as my maxed out stage 2 GTI. So I can tune the WRX, and hopefully bring it right around 4.9-5.0s. maybe...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i guess the average 0-60 i am seeing on the M/T WRX is about 5.5s. Still not bad, bone stock it's about the same as my maxed out stage 2 GTI. So I can tune the WRX, and hopefully bring it right around 4.9-5.0s. maybe...

That's with a clutch shattering launch from 4500 rpm vs the dsg. Which you won't be doing anytime soon on a new car.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
wow how did I miss this... I can't wait to see some videos posted on the new WRX.

I just hope you don't change your mind last second and go with a CVT... it would be a tragedy lol.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
ummm maybe because a higher retained value = a higher trade-in value??

at the end of the lease you will not own the car, so why will the trade in value matter?
You can't sell it to them. . . Maybe I'm missing something

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
at the end of the lease you will not own the car, so why will the trade in value matter?
You can't sell it to them. . . Maybe I'm missing something

you trade it in anywhere you want.. as long as the buying dealer pays it off. that is why the value matters.