GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The inside of my golf is extremely wet and I’m in panic mode...

Martin398

Ready to race!
Good work! Did you break any panel clips?

unfortunately one. mid clip on the outside edge driver side. I put the panel back after sealing the speaker, but it just wasn't sitting right on the window. when I removed the panel again a clip popped off the panel and stayed in the door. when I went to remove it with a panel tool, careful as I was it broke.
Did you notice any water intrusion into the speaker cone? I can't quite remember what the speaker cone looks like inside its funny plastic frame. Is there any protection of it from water?

one speaker had a lot of sand caked along the mounting frame. there was also a fair amount of sand in the inner wall of the speaker mount which runs to the speaker cone itself. I didn't see any water damage on the cone, but it was clear that water had been pooling there for some time. it didn't look like there was any protection for the cone if water actually filled the back of the mount. I think the fact that the speaker seal failed so badly there that maybe it kept the cone from ending up getting soaked..

definitely gonna pick up another tube of sealant and get the front done before it becomes an issue.