GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The dealership system, from another perspective

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
My gut tells me that in 25 years we'll be seeing the movie "Tesla" like we saw "Tucker".[/QUOTE]

One can only hope!!!

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Perhaps you have enlightened dealers in your area, but the VW dealers in the DC area are still old school. Read the threads on where to get the best price. Lots of undisclosed fees, lots of bait and switch, lots of incentives including in the advertised price that you don't qualify for. Why does it take an entire afternoon in the showroom just to get a firm price?

It doesn't. I live in the shadow of what used to be the Big 3, so if any dealers are going to be stuck in the past, they're here. Advertised prices on a website are whatever the dealer wants them to be, but if you do the research, you can hammer out a price via email without setting foot in the showroom. Tell them you're bringing your own financing, how much should the check be, etc. Make sure the price they send you is itemized with an explanation of any and all charges. Some of the fees may be required or customary (typically the document fee they're allowed to charge is legally capped to a certain amount). If they won't do business in a modern fashion, find a dealer that will. The old way of doing things only works if the customers buy into it.