GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I would like to point out, this really highlights the difference in the two sides.

Clown on his Master's degrees all you want. But @MagicMK said something; he didn't believe the full truth about Pfizer getting fined. Argued his point. And was shown how that point is wrong. Admitted it, and agreed with the information being presented that conflicted his original opinion.

Meanwhile, if you point out a blatant, verifiable inaccuracy with a Twitter post @zrickety shares, he doesn't accept any wrongdoing. Just throws up his arms shrieking "I'm just sharing links! I never said it was true! I'm just passing info along!"
Define accuracy.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
We've got Biden and the CDC knowingly spreading false information and the media never calls them out on it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Define accuracy.

This is always going to be my go to example, just because I know where to find it in this thread, and there's no subjectiveness to it.

How about claiming a photo is of 6 police officers harassing a man for not wearing a mask on a beach in Florida?

What's wrong with this picture?
View attachment 202132

Yes. But we shouldn't have 6 police officers harassing a solitary man on the beach for not wearing a mask. Florida does not do this.

When really it's a picture from a protest in South Africa?

Jesus Christ you absolute dumb fuck. That was not in Florida, it was in Cape Town, South Africa.

View attachment 202139

And you wonder why people don't believe a goddamn word you say, because it's nothing but a constant spew of complete bullshit.

Instead of admitting you're wrong, you just go "i'M jUsT SHaRiNg inFoRmATiOn!"

Again, I am simply sharing information. So someone said the guy in Africa was a guy in Florida, the principle of the argument still stands.
And there are people litigating for 3 year olds to get sex change operations. It may not be in the current bill, that may have been revised, maybe they added legislation on to that one, and then removed it. Anything is possible. Doesn't change the fact that insane parents are mutilating their kids. I am just raising awareness to these issues.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
I would like to point out, this really highlights the difference in the two sides.

Clown on his Master's degrees all you want. But @MagicMK said something; he didn't believe the full truth about Pfizer getting fined. Argued his point. And was shown how that point is wrong. Admitted it, and agreed with the information being presented that conflicted his original opinion.

Meanwhile, if you point out a blatant, verifiable inaccuracy with a Twitter post @zrickety shares, he doesn't accept any wrongdoing. Just throws up his arms shrieking "I'm just sharing links! I never said it was true! I'm just passing info along!"

Thanks, but just to be clear, I wasn't even arguing Pfizer did not get fined $3B. My specific argument was that the link Zrick provided did not *prove* what he claimed it proved. I could have googled the info myself, of course, but I get tired of whack-a-mole. I was simply asking for a good solid link form a credible news outlet that verified the claim. Jim provided it, and I agreed. It did seem like a high number, though... and the fact that it was a high number was confirmed in the article when the article stated it was the largest DOJ related settlement/fine in American history.

There is something in law referred to as "the clean hands doctrine," and I think it applies here as well. If you keep providing bad, unreliable, and even outright false information and links (some are even Russian propaganda), then one starts to ask for more validation before one accepts your source material.

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
There is something in law referred to as "the clean hands doctrine," and I think it applies here as well. If you keep providing bad, unreliable, and even outright false information and links (some are even Russian propaganda), then one starts to ask for more validation before one accepts your source material.
Kinda sounds like whats going on with the vaccines and covid rules........

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
This is always going to be my go to example, just because I know where to find it in this thread, and there's no subjectiveness to it.

How about claiming a photo is of 6 police officers harassing a man for not wearing a mask on a beach in Florida?

When really it's a picture from a protest in South Africa?
cdry.jpeg

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Go back and look at how he vehemently denied that Obama ever put immigrant children in cages, even after I showed him proof. He then wanted to argue about scale, and kept deflecting to Trump. Problem was, I never once defended a Trump immigration policy, save for the Executive Order that ended the Flores Agreement. He never admitted it, disappeared for a day or two, and then came back to argue about something else.
There you go, you're misrepresenting the argument. Sure, go back and look. Clearly you're defending Trump, because what Trump did with immigrant children was 10x worse than whatever happened while Obama was President. Again, you're misrepresenting the argument as per usual. You claimed at the very least was meant to infer Obama deliberately had the Border Patrol/Immigration separate kids from their illegally immigrating parents. That was NOT true, and that's what I called you out on. You are the one that tried to change the goal posts to the fact that separation happened at all... I never said it didn't. Unfortunately, sometimes kids had to be separated from their incarcerated mother or father for short periods of time because adult holding cells were unsafe for children... so, the Border Patrol *during* the Obama admin would separate SOME of the children in large fenced-in areas, that are referred to as "cages."

I think if he goes back and reads through the entire conversation, he'll get a much better picture of the back and forth. You kept trying to claim that Obama was deliberately, personally, having kids separated... and from all that I know and read, as soon as Obama had found out about it, he demanded that it stop. So yes, a limited amount of separation did occur, and it was NOT directed by Obama, and when he found out about it, he asked that it stop. Also, kids were REUNITED with their parents when the parents were deported. Now, for the Trump Admin, Trump and his racist henchman, Steven Miller, with the assistance of his AG's Jeff Sessions deliberately, intentionally, and vexatiously separated children from their immigrant parents as a deliberate punishment for attempting to cross the border illegally. Trump did this out of racism and spite... ya know, like "all Mexican (illegal) immigrants are rapists and murderers... but I guess some of them are good people." Ya know, that racist President?

So, nice try, but that debate was a lot more technical and nuanced than what you're claiming... and you wanted me to admit that Obama deliberately had kids separated from their parents and locked up in cages, and that simply is not accurate.

Reactions: WAP

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Kinda sounds like whats going on with the vaccines and covid rules........
That's a totally disingenuous argument. COVID 19 is a novel virus and a world pandemic. The science on COVID regarding treatment, mutation of the virus, efficacy of the vaccines over time, prevention, etc, etc, are all evolving. Things in the real world do not happen in a vacuum...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Isn't it interesting that Biden blames 'Trump voters' for the Virginia Governor's loss, but we are supposed to believe they were outnumbered by Democrats just last year??
Please explain.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
A Pharmacist refuses to fill Ivermectin for a man who claims he had it prescribed by a licensed doctor.
Why? Because CNN

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That's a totally disingenuous argument. COVID 19 is a novel virus and a world pandemic. The science on COVID regarding treatment, mutation of the virus, efficacy of the vaccines over time, prevention, etc, etc, are all evolving. Things in the real world do not happen in a vacuum...
Please explain how science is evolving when we have been dealing with coronaviruses for 200k years. You are simply repeating mindless talking points.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Go back and look at how he vehemently denied that Obama ever put immigrant children in cages, even after I showed him proof. He then wanted to argue about scale, and kept deflecting to Trump. Problem was, I never once defended a Trump immigration policy, save for the Executive Order that ended the Flores Agreement. He never admitted it, disappeared for a day or two, and then came back to argue about something else.

Honestly, I'd rather not.

You know how sometimes you go to the bar, you have a few drinks, then you wake up in the morning and you're ashamed at seeing what you ended up bringing home?

That's me and this thread. Got bored, decided to dip in for a bit, and now just feel dirty.

You all can keep on keepin' on!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Honestly, I'd rather not.

You know how sometimes you go to the bar, you have a few drinks, then you wake up in the morning and you're ashamed at seeing what you ended up bringing home?

That's me and this thread. Got bored, decided to dip in for a bit, and now just feel dirty.

You all can keep on keepin' on!
1636058708694.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R