GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thanks for everything!

Well, it happened. I sold my GTI this week. Our family is growing and we recently got a dog. We do a lot of camping and beach trips, just needed something with more cargo space and payload. With our needs changing, it was time to give up my GTI. It’s my favorite car I’ve ever owned. Absolutely a blast to drive with the EQT tune. Thanks to everyone on here for the laughs, great info, and camaraderie. I wish you all the best! Who knows, maybe I’ll be back in a GTI or Golf R one day again...

He left out the part where he's now going to be behind the wheel of a minivan.
Haha. Close enough I guess from the GTI. Bought a new loaded GMC Acadia AT4. The cargo and payload is just what I needed. While others have said the GTI is great for dogs (and they’re right), when we go camping, it’ll be roof box, hitch carrier, 4 passengers plus dog crate, and loaded with camping gear to the roof. The 1500 lbs payload is necessary. We maxed out my wife’s Outback last year (only 900 lbs payload) and that was without a dog.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
best of luck on the next project

Attachments

• david_schwimmer.png
    david_schwimmer.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 41

AABusDriver

Car(s)
2019 GTI Abahn
Well, it happened. I sold my GTI this week. Our family is growing and we recently got a dog. We do a lot of camping and beach trips, just needed something with more cargo space and payload. With our needs changing, it was time to give up my GTI. It’s my favorite car I’ve ever owned. Absolutely a blast to drive with the EQT tune. Thanks to everyone on here for the laughs, great info, and camaraderie. I wish you all the best! Who knows, maybe I’ll be back in a GTI or Golf R one day again...
Solution......have a 4Runner AND a GTI......I really like both a ton. Very different missions and awesome in their own way. Enjoy the Acadia and the family.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Yes, we need pictures of the doggo or questions will be asked; like where's your dog ?, stuff like that ;). I never question anyone's choice of vehicle, etc, (heck I don't know 100% exactly what I want) so apart from maybe a quick "Are you sure ? Then good luck". Same here, the OP knows what they want and have gone for it so, good luck, you may be back in a Golf one day but don't need to leave the forum....