GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tailgate wiring loom grommet part number

jabba1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi TSi7, many thanks for your reply, unfortunately the link doesn't seem to work, would you be able to check it please. Many thanks

Well, thought I'd try replacing the grommet today. I removed the trim and was able to unclip the connectors all ready to pull them through the old grommet, that's where I had trouble. The 2 connectors on the right hand side (looking from the rear) are too large to fit through the grommet, even individually. I found that you can disassemble the connectors, half of it slides out of the housing but there are 2 wires that are in the main body. I can only think that VW remove the 2 pins from the housing, thus allowing them to pull the wiring through the grommet. Obviously there is a way of removing these pins, must be a locking mechanism, but I can't see how .......

I'm looking at replacing mine too, (i have a reverse camera/tail light wires too). Did you manage to successfully get the new one installed?

JohnMcClane

I've installed a rear dash cam and snapped the top part - came apart like Eton Mess meringue. Bottom one also doesn't feel too secure. I was lucky I decided to route through the right grommet, seems far easier to get a new one in, thanks for the useful YouTube fitting video.
I also discovered this if you have a 3D Printer: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/top...ss-boot-for-rear-hatch-fix-for-all-group-vag/
This guy's comment is "Did you Manage to Break the little "tooth" from your rear wire harness tube boot because you added a rear camera or whatever????"

Basically me :D

I am ordering the new part as the right one doesn't seem to difficult to install. Hopefully the 3D printed one can help someone.

mk7850

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I know this is old, any advice on how to put the sealant on the backside of the harness boot, the one the connects to the top of the car, not the hatch?