GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Switching to KONIG Hypergram

ChrisGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody running 245 width tires on these wheels? I was planning on getting VMR springs and have a nice lighter weight, meaty setup, but I don’t want to worry about rubbing all the time. I don’t mind removing a fender screw, but I’d rather not mess with rolling fenders or buying camber plates.

TDIMK7

Hi, I am new here and have a 15' TDI and was looking to upgrade the 16" wheels with a set of HYPERGRAM 18 X 8.5 ET 43. Anyone else with pics or a long term review? I also understand that you have to replace your lug bolts with these wheels. Anything else needed to complete the install? Thanks

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Hi, I am new here and have a 15' TDI and was looking to upgrade the 16" wheels with a set of HYPERGRAM 18 X 8.5 ET 43. Anyone else with pics or a long term review? I also understand that you have to replace your lug bolts with these wheels. Anything else needed to complete the install? Thanks

Hub rings (66.56 to 57.1) and conical bolts.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Anyone got pics of 17x8? Deciding on those are 18x8.5's as track wheels.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Does someone know which aluminum hub rings (66.56 to 57.1) have a tight fit ?

Thanks!

They should all have a relatively tight fit and will likely get stuck to the hub or wheel after they get some heat.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'd stick with plastic. That's what I went with. I've used them in the past with high mileage and had no issues. I did think about using aluminum for this wheel set...then reading about how they can seize on the wheel/hub changed my mind.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I'd stick with plastic. That's what I went with. I've used them in the past with high mileage and had no issues. I did think about using aluminum for this wheel set...then reading about how they can seize on the wheel/hub changed my mind.

Well, you could use anti seize just like on the hub. I track the car so I didn't want to worry about plastic and heat. Realistically the wheel is bolted to the hub so the ring just aids with wheel installation until you bolt up and torque. You can even skip the hub ring all together if you install the bolts correctly.

TDIMK7

I'll say from installing these myself recently there was surface rust on all of the hubs, so I'd stick with plastic. Inspect and replace them in the future as needed, they are cheap. Wouldn't want to be in a situation where you couldn't get the wheels off in an emergency.

Imperialgrunt

Does anyone know which lug nuts (bolts?) I need to fit 18x8.5 Hypergrams on my Mk7? Will the stock wheel bolts work? Or is there a way to buy tuner style open ended bolts/lugs?

EDIT: So upon doing research it looks like these German cars use bolts instead of lugs. Is converting to bolts safe for these cars? Any pros/cons? What is the correct size studs if I wanted to convert to tuner lugs instead of the stock bolts?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Does anyone know for sure if the Hypergram 17x8 et45 wheel clears the PP brakes?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Does anyone know for sure if the Hypergram 17x8 et45 wheel clears the PP brakes?

With a spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk