Switching to KONIG Hypergram

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Ah understand. Do you think I will be ok with 235/40/18s? 42 offset

Yes that’s my size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Yes like I said same size. These are 225/40/18. Very mild stretch if any. Wouldn’t go any smaller. 235 is pretty perfect size. That’s what’s on my Hypergrams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Any one else jump on Hypergram bandwagon with pics? At 17.84 pounds for 8.5 inch rim (728 shipped) that is a killer rotational weight savings on 4 corners. May put my tune on hold... :).

gsw4motion

Car(s)
19 GTI S 6MT
Got these on order for my wagon, will post pics when I get them mounted��

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!
I'm running them in bronze with 235/40-18 Indy 500s
Got a killer deal on ebays daily coupon deals and their $100 off
Noticeable acceleration but most importantly braking improved and so did turn in
Hard to beat for the price

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Figure I'd put this in an actual Hypergram thread. Didn't realize that the other thread is an Ampliform one[emoji16].

18x8.5 et43. 225-40-18. The rear has a 5mm spacer and the wheel still looks a bit inset. Waiting on some longer bolts to put the 12mm I had in the front when I had my stock wheels. Might try the 5mm in the front.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

h_a_r_r

I'd been looking at the Hypergram for a while now. Considered going down to 17"s since I picked up my car almost a year ago. Luckily (not really) I curbed my front left Austin just enough to where it couldn't be balanced properly so that was my cue. Found a set of bronze 18X8.5 at a decent price and pulled the trigger today, I'll be running a 225/40 as well since I had bought all four tires originally for the Austins. All in all you really can't beat the price point for the amount of weight you're really shedding.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Added a 15mm spacer to the rear with 40mm bolts. Got rid of the sunk in look at the rear wheel. I really like how the front brakes look behind the spokes of the wheels.

Last edited:

tclap2136

Passed Driver's Ed
Added a 15mm spacer to the rear with 40mm bolts. Got rid of the sunk in look at the rear wheel. I really like how the front brakes look behind the spokes of the wheels.

Man, I want to space my wheels out but I just keep reading about how bad it is for your suspension over time. I can't tell if these reviews i'm reading talk about large spacers though (like 40mm) or just any spacer, like the 10-15 you'd need to make these flush. Would 10mm really make much of a difference on the wear and tear? It's questions like these that i have not found the answer to

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
In my own experiences...I've never had wheel bearing or suspension issues with any of the cars I've run spacers on. These spacers aren't that thick.

It's really no different than getting wheels with a lower offset. It not the spacer that would cause issues with the wheel bearings...it's the leverage created by moving the wheel farther out from the center of the hub that has the potential of putting more stress on the hub.

I was originally planning to put the 12mm from my front stock wheels on the rear of the Hypergram...but the center bore of the 12mm isn't deep enough to fit over the hub of the rear wheel...so I had to move up to the 15mm.

tclap2136

Passed Driver's Ed
In my own experiences...I've never had wheel bearing or suspension issues with any of the cars I've run spacers on. These spacers aren't that thick.

It's really no different than getting wheels with a lower offset. It not the spacer that would cause issues with the wheel bearings...it's the leverage created by moving the wheel farther out from the center of the hub that has the potential of putting more stress on the hub.

I was originally planning to put the 12mm from my front stock wheels on the rear of the Hypergram...but the center bore of the 12mm isn't deep enough to fit over the hub of the rear wheel...so I had to move up to the 15mm.

Ah, good to know. I just had a feeling they had to be talking about extreme setups. People on here are so quick to tell you what you're doing is wrong and others are quick to defend so it's hard to get a solid opinion.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!

Looks good. and i love the Mazinkaiser avatar:D