GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified GTI Tuning Info and Help Thread

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
@Alex@Stratified
No issues working with US customers? I'm going to be looking for stage 3+ for my Mk8 that is currently running a Pmax with stage 3 Unitronic. I've seen a couple people talking about your tunes on the Mk8 FB group, but I never checked to see where they were from. I also didn't know if you were planning to use MPI for your stage 3+ or if you were going the APR route and sticking with stock fueling hardware.
Our customers are worldwide - absolutely not issues. I can't wait for MPI support for MK8. Already it has an upgraded DI system so MPI will be the answer for all the fueling needs ... really just like it is on the MK7.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
@Alex@Stratified

your flex fuel video is really well done Alex....makes me wish I wasn't mid-way through my 93 tune with you and had gone flex.......once we finish my 93 tune, instead of just an additional E30 tune, would you recommend the flex?

What additional costs would that be aside from kit cost?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hello, looking to get the garrett pmax turbo and stratified tune di you get your tune dialed in and how do you like it? thanks
On version 3 and no complaints so far. Loving the powerband

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
@Alex@Stratified

your flex fuel video is really well done Alex....makes me wish I wasn't mid-way through my 93 tune with you and had gone flex.......once we finish my 93 tune, instead of just an additional E30 tune, would you recommend the flex?

What additional costs would that be aside from kit cost?
Yup we can do flex. It's only $25 more to tune than an additional fuel map as we are essentially doing a pump gas map and then your ethanol map. You have to have the correct supporting mods in terms of fueling. E30 needs 10% more fuel and E85 needs 30% more fuel. So if injection time is past 8ms past 6k RPM on pump gas, there isn't enough fueling headroom without adding some hardware. We can discuss further of course but most people past the IS38 turbo should consider MPI to run flex.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I've been running the Stratfied OTS ECU & DSG tune and they feel excellent together. I picked up the flex fuel kit from Stratfied recently as well and I am looking forward to starting to work on the tune for that in the near future.