GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified GTI Tuning Info and Help Thread

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Everyone, we try and reach customers in a variety of ways to answer questions but social media and messages often end up in the black hole of the internet. The beauty of forums is that they are much more searchable and the information has staying power. I wanted to create this thread that I will monitor and answer any questions regarding our tuning, parts, setup, etc.

The MK7 GTIs we have as development cars were a 2015 PP and a 2019 Rabbit. Have spent a lot of time in, under and all around these. We also have an Alltrack - which is a mix of GTI, R, and TSI.

yes 6.JPG

DSC_3738.JPG

plainfield2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 gti autobahn
thinking of upgrading from stage 2 to stage 3 any recommendations on which way to go
right now unitronic tune, apr intercooler, apr downpipe, apr intake. thank you

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
thinking of upgrading from stage 2 to stage 3 any recommendations on which way to go
right now unitronic tune, apr intercooler, apr downpipe, apr intake. thank you

What are your overall power goals and how will the car be used? There are quite a few options for this car so this is a good place to start.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Something I'd be curious to know, would it be possible to mix regular gas and E85 to roughly equal 93 while maintaining similar MPGs? That would be amazing for long trips.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Something I'd be curious to know, would it be possible to mix regular gas and E85 to roughly equal 93 while maintaining similar MPGs? That would be amazing for long trips.
Ethanol requires more fuel volume to be delivered to maintain stoichiometric ratio. This is mainly because alcohol contains oxygen (CH3CH2OH). So when you want to keep a particular stoichiometric ratio (and are ingesting the same amount of air via the air intake/turbo) you need to deliver more of the fuel. This translates into more fuel volume being needed and this means that the tank will be drained at a faster rate all things kept the same. Yes you can try and run leaner but these engines are not designed for lean burn and will lose torque and run rough in doing so.

With flex however, once the tune is setup you can put in pump gas and then switch over to ethanol as you desire and the tune takes care of the fuel, air, and spark variables for you.

Currently working with Alex for my PMAX tune.....highly recommend!

Thank you sir!

Hello overall power goals are 400whp . The car is a daily driver. Not for racing anyone just my own enjoyment. Thank You

On a dynojet you can get to 400whp (or close) on an IS38 and some ethanol. The IS20 takes you to around 360whp. If you want to run pump gas and get to 400whp, a turbo upgrade is needed. The PMax is an excellent choice for that as it does 400whp on pump and 450whp on ethanol (if you ever want to run some E).

For 400whp you need an HPFP upgrade. Links below for the turbo and HPFP:

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=332_240_256&products_id=1055

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=332_240_298&products_id=972

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
@Alex@Stratified
No issues working with US customers? I'm going to be looking for stage 3+ for my Mk8 that is currently running a Pmax with stage 3 Unitronic. I've seen a couple people talking about your tunes on the Mk8 FB group, but I never checked to see where they were from. I also didn't know if you were planning to use MPI for your stage 3+ or if you were going the APR route and sticking with stock fueling hardware.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
@Alex@Stratified
No issues working with US customers? I'm going to be looking for stage 3+ for my Mk8 that is currently running a Pmax on Unitronic. I've seen a couple people talking about your tunes on the Mk8 FB group, but I never checked to see where they were from.
I'm in VA and working directly with him on my PMAX protune (93/E30). Super quick responses

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
I'm in VA and working directly with him on my PMAX protune (93/E30). Super quick responses
Good to know! I am really looking forward to a custom tune instead of OTS for my final round of mods for the engine.

Unitronic hasn't been bad, but I would prefer to have that more personal touch since I have probably got one of the most niche Mk8 setups right now. I'm not really even wanting MPI for the extra power (won't complain about that fact though). I'm more interested in MPI to make sure my first valve blasting is the last that I have to do.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Good to know! I am really looking forward to a custom tune instead of OTS for my final round of mods for the engine.

Unitronic hasn't been bad, but I would prefer to have that more personal touch since I have probably got one of the most niche Mk8 setups right now. I'm not really even wanting MPI for the extra power (won't complain about that fact though). I'm more interested in MPI to make sure my first valve blasting is the last that I have to do.
Check out @StorableComa kits

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
I searched and saw that he sells a CGK. I didn't see any other items.

I bought a CGK from a guy in Orlando, on eBay (username; Harrya15). I just installed it when I did my first plug change the other day, I was very impressed with the quality for $55. Plugs looked better than expected, considering I ran a JB4 on map 4 & 5 for the previous 10k miles. I'll probably stick to 10-15k interval since I'm stage 3 now.

417427097_10229958762489684_3017157777279686899_n.jpg

417425513_10229958762929695_8972544725064890774_n.jpg

Perfect length to wrap behind the coolant reservoir and tie into the factory ground lug.
417465659_10229958762409682_8255333648525047068_n.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I searched and saw that he sells a CGK. I didn't see any other items.

I bought a CGK from a guy in Orlando, on eBay (username; Harrya15). I just installed it when I did my first plug change the other day, I was very impressed with the quality for $55. Plugs looked better than expected, considering I ran a JB4 on map 4 & 5 for the previous 10k miles. I'll probably stick to 10-15k interval since I'm stage 3 now.

View attachment 300010
View attachment 300011
Perfect length to wrap behind the coolant reservoir and tie into the factory ground lug.
View attachment 300012
Ohhh that’s right…., not ready for release yet. My bad . His grounding kit is awesome though