GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STOCK tuned GTI vs G37x

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I was going for lunch break, and I happen be first at a light where next intersection is a highway. There's a right turn only lane beside me. So some douche in a G37x sedan sat beside me on that lane. So I knew it's gonna go down as I can tell the way he positioned at the light.

I switched to sport mode, and when the light turns green, I went for it, he went WOT about a second I after. He was practically on my blindspot and kept up, he didn't give up so I let off at 70 and he of course did a fly-by and drove all the way to 100 mph and almost hitting a car on the car merging from highway ramp.

I4i'mindenial, I know they are slightly quicker, I had a little head start, even that I was impressed what a stock mk7 GTI can do, I keep hearing the G's are really heavy compared to Z's.

Also, I have Michelin Pilot As3 tires, Unitronic Stage 1 DSG tune and VWR Springs if that counts, lol.

Last edited:

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Any stage 1 tune should give you like a bus length +. I think something is wrong with your car.

I don't understand what stock+tuned means...you are either stock or not hahaha.

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Ok so I was going for lunch break, and I happen be first at a light where next intersection is a highway. There's a right turn only lane beside me. So some douche in a G37x sedan sat beside me on that lane. So I knew it's gonna go down as I can tell the way he positioned at the light.

I switched to sport mode, and when the light turns green, I went for it, he went WOT about a second I after. He was practically on my blindspot and kept up, he didn't give up so I let off at 70 and he of course did a fly-by and drove all the way to 100 mph and almost hitting a car on the car merging from highway ramp.

I4i'mindenial, I know they are slightly quicker, I had a little head start, even that I was impressed what a stock mk7 GTI can do, I keep hearing the G's are really heavy compared to Z's.

Also, I have Michelin Pilot As3 tires, Unitronic Stage 1 DSG tune and VWR Springs if that counts, lol.

Get a simple stage 1 tune and he would have been a spec in your rear view mirror. That combined with your DSG tune will be a wicked combo.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

Mk7VW

Banned
The G37 sedan is about 100 lbs lighter then the couple believe it or not. Good run... with a stage 1 he can have the jump on you and you'll just go right by him. :)

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Get a simple stage 1 tune and he would have been a spec in your rear view mirror. That combined with your DSG tune will be a wicked combo.

I plan on doing the unitronic stage 1+, I came from an APR stage 1 mk6, so I know what's up with these cars. Also DSG tuning should come that way from factory, even current ford auto's are much smoother and responsive than a stock dsg tune.