GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock bleeder block failure

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Had to get a tow after throwing in the towel trying to fix what I thought was a faulty speedbleeder in the parking lot. Replaced the bleeder with spare parts in my box thank goodness, then the block itself started shooting fluid out from the slave cylinder side. Clip was deteriorated as well and brake fluid was pissing like a Billy Manes pressure washer from a seam in the breather.

Tried to drive the car clutchless ala vr6 or 16V NA but man was it refusing and resisting. And grinding. Felt bad for the abuse and called it.

Are these normally faulty or is it dumb luck? I’ve had at least one other VW with the same setup that had to be replaced from a crack in the housing. Always thought the aftermarket ones were silly and overpriced for such a common part but beginning to think maybe there’s something to it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
It’s the slave cylinder. Not allowing fluid in. Car must be aware of the stimulus 😂

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
gEt tHe EcS blEeDeR block... said no one.

(I actually have it, its fine.)

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Anyone ever replace a slave cylinder on one of these? 😅

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Trans has to come out.
Local Porsche Eurodyne tuner offered to do the whole thing and add a tougher metal TOB for $500. It’s not great having to pay for repair but sounds like an upgrade is involved. Part retails $160 alone.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Local Porsche Eurodyne tuner offered to do the whole thing and add a tougher metal TOB for $500. It’s not great having to pay for repair but sounds like an upgrade is involved. Part retails $160 alone.

$500 to drop the trans is not bad at all. The all metal TOB can also fail, the plastic ones tend to fail more often but they are fine as well. I am running a Luk MK6 plastic TOB that I paid $30 for on Rockauto.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
$500 to drop the trans is not bad at all. The all metal TOB can also fail, the plastic ones tend to fail more often but they are fine as well. I am running a Luk MK6 plastic TOB that I paid $30 for on Rockauto.
That is the current one I have in that went kaput after 2 years.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
If you dont have an aftermarket clutch, now's the time.
Have a Sachs Performance TTRS kit in there already. Not replacing that till I have enough saved for a wavetrac and a beefier setup.