GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sportwagen spoiler ends

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
I'm interested in retrofitting the side spoilers for the rear window of my Sportwagen. These aren't available through the dealership here in the US, but are available throughout other markets as they are fitted to the Variant/Estate/Sportswagen in various trim levels.

The part numbers are

5G9 805 945 C 041

5G9 805 946 C 041

I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
A guy on Vortex did this. Not sure what thread though. They have a dedicated mk7 GSW section there. I think these come on the gtd and r wagon. Check the thread about my wife's wagon but wish it was mine

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Yeah, that thread leads to a source called e-acca.com, a Latvian company with a really shitty looking website. I might just roll the dice, as they only accept payment via PayPal, and it seems that they're mostly trustworthy.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Ps the PNs you quote in the original post are wrong.. The 'C' designates the GTI/R fins

Iirc they are the 'E' PNs

4-Miradas

I ordered the set from e-acca.com. Though, these don't appear to be the same design as OM. I will post pics when it comes in.

Beware GTD/GTI/R and Variant/Estate/Sportswagon fins aren't the same.
I would trust that German VW dealer though. It's an official Volkswagen
Partner (Vertragshändler).

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
From my "How to guide":-

These fins are fitted as standard to the 1.0lt Bluemotion, GTD, & R versions on the MK7 Golf Estate/Variant/Sportswagon, & will retro-fit to any other version!
VW parts list & approx costs in UK £
Item No. 50:- 5G9 805 945, Spoiler, gloss black, left side, £39.76
Item No. 50:- 5G9 805 946, Spoiler, gloss black, right side, £39.76
These items come pre-fitted with adhesive pads, & tape.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Those are incomplete part numbers.. All the fins start with that number.. Then a letter will designate the style.. Then ends in 041 to designate gloss black

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Those are incomplete part numbers.. All the fins start with that number.. Then a letter will designate the style.. Then ends in 041 to designate gloss black

They only make gloss black & those part numbers are what I got from ETKA & the dealers ordered as per those also....:cool:

PS just double checked the invoice & it had 041 against both part numbers, but as that designates colour gloss black & VW only make in gloss black fror the estate then the colour code is not required.

No need for "e" over here in UK to order the estate rear window fins...

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ps the PNs you quote in the original post are wrong.. The 'C' designates the GTI/R fins

Iirc they are the 'E' PNs

Wrong he quoted 5G9 805 945 & 946 which is the estate

5G6 805 945 & 946 is the GTI/GTD/R hatch...

note the 6 designating "hatch" & not the 9 designating "estate"..

I DO make sure that the part numbers that I put in my very detailed "How to guides" ARE correct!!

Last edited: