GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speed adjustment button CC steering wheel (no ACC)

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
I have a '15 GTI without ACC and my CC is acting weird since my EQT Stage 1 tune.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 09.14.53.png

Increasing the set speed (during CCS control):
  • Briefly press the RES button on the multifunction steering wheel to increase the speed in small increments of 1 km/h (1 mph) and to store the speed. The vehicle accelerates actively until it reaches the new set speed. Doesn't work. Need to press + button for that
  • Press the + button on the multifunction steering wheel briefly to increase the speed in increments of 10 km/h (5 mph) and to store the speed. Doesn't work. See above comment
  • Press and hold the + button on the multifunction steering wheel to increase the speed continuously until the button is released and to store the speed. Works.

Decreasing the set speed (during CCS control):
  • Briefly press the SET button on the multifunction steering wheel to reduce the speed in small increments of 1 km/h (1 mph) and to store the speed. The system will decrease the speed until the new set speed is reached by easing off the accelerator without actively braking. Doesn't work. I need to press - button for that
  • Press the - button on the multifunction steering wheel briefly to reduce the stored speed in increments of 10 km/h (5 mph) and to store the speed. Doesn't work. See above comment
  • Press and hold the - button on the multifunction steering wheel to reduce the speed continuously until the button is released and to store the speed. Works
Everything worked fine before the tune. EQT keeps telling me :
Hi, hope you had a good weekend. Cruise control behavior is not something we can control with the tune.
I've done a post on the OBD11 forum. No answer.

Anybody else has some experience in how to change back the behaviour. Thanks!!

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
Unfortunately I don't speak German and have no idea where this module is. Hoping God hears my prayers and gives me the answer as I'm pretty clueless at the moment and I can't find it online. So is your '15 GTI working the same way as I posted in my initial post?

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
Take a look at this: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/6006/post-57324

Those seem to be the modules containing the cruise controls options.

For my car, it doesn't work like your post. The 'res' and 'set' buttons increase and decrease the speed set by 1 kph each time I press it when the cruise is activated. The '-' and '+' buttons, when pressed and cruise is activated, changes the set speed by 10kph. Just like it says so in the car's manual.

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
Left is engine, right is steering wheel.

Don't really know which byte does what, still trying to figure it out... But so far, are we on the same page?

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 10.01.34.png

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
I just went to take some screenshots of my car. Hope these help:

1669820527623.png

1669820559703.png

1669820568676.png

To summarize, for module 01 my long coding is: 091900122424002F1000
For module 16 my long coding is: 0400

I couldn't find anything in both modules in the adaptations with the word 'cruise', unless it's in German somewhere. Didn't see anything obvious.

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
To summarize, for module 01 my long coding is: 091900122424002F1000 mine is 09 1D 00 12 24 24 00 2F 10 00
For module 16 my long coding is: 0400 mine is 04 10
So we have 2 differences. One is Byte 1 of module 01. The other is Byte 1 of Steering wheel. Do I just go and change those or should we look at bits?

Here's the bits for Byte 1 of both control modules :
IMG_8184.PNG
IMG_8183.PNG

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
So we have 2 differences. One is Byte 1 of module 01. The other is Byte 1 of Steering wheel. Do I just go and change those or should we look at bits?

Here's the bits for Byte 1 of both control modules :
View attachment 266814View attachment 266815
Don't change the engine module one. I can look up on VCDS again what it does but I would need to go plug back into my car. The steering one is clear in my screenshot, it's for bits 4-6:
1669821339428.png

Start with that. The engine module one could be because there are other differences in our cars. I posted a screenshot of the part of the engine one with the cruise control. In that part our bits match.

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
How do I go and change it? Should I change bit 4-6 to 00 or should I just change the long coding to match yours? I don't have VCDS but OBD11 and as you can see bit 4, 5 and 6 are individual whereas yours are bundled.

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
How do I go and change it? Should I change bit 4-6 to 00 or should I just change the long coding to match yours? I don't have VCDS but OBD11 and as you can see bit 4, 5 and 6 are individual whereas yours are bundled.
Just change it so that the final coding goes from 04 10 from the top of your page, to 04 00, which I think just means just checking bit 2 and all the rest to off

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I would select Bit 1, then see what the options are before just changing your 0410 to 0400. Lots of Mk7s came with 0410.

Edit: Posted while I was typing... and made my point, haha.

Edit 2: @VW'15GTI I see you're using OBDEleven which may not have the same long coding helper as VCDS. The Byte value is the Hex equivalent of the bits, so always look at the bits. If OBDeleven doesn't show bit descriptions then you're kind of shooting from the hip.

We're also past this point now but I'm not sure about the EQT's statement that cruise control cannot be controlled by the tune. That's not to say that EQT does anything with the cruise control for their tune, but cruise control is an ECU function, our cars being drive by wire and all. If the only thing that changed in your car is the ECU tune and you now have the different CC button behavior then it's clear the ECU tune is the cause.

Last edited: