GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speed adjustment button CC steering wheel (no ACC)

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
I can't clear the code. Clearing it brings back the code right away.
7D1D53D3-F078-43C7-8DDA-BD99E0E6AD30.png
D1C02FAE-A8B1-4F9E-9DCA-9BCD293912FF.png

I would select Bit 1, then see what the options are before just changing your 0410 to 0400. Lots of Mk7s came with 0410.

Edit: Posted while I was typing... and made my point, haha.

Edit 2: @VW'15GTI I see you're using OBDEleven which may not have the same long coding helper as VCDS. The Byte value is the Hex equivalent of the bits, so always look at the bits. If OBDeleven doesn't show bit descriptions then you're kind of shooting from the hip.

We're also past this point now but I'm not sure about the EQT's statement that cruise control cannot be controlled by the tune. That's not to say that EQT does anything with the cruise control for their tune, but cruise control is an ECU function, our cars being drive by wire and all. If the only thing that changed in your car is the ECU tune and you now have the different CC button behavior then it's clear the ECU tune is the cause.
I know right... Clearly their tune DID something as the problem appeared after their tune.

Last edited:

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
So I just took a look again. So this is because you have an automatic car:
1669823836136.png

1669823844532.png

So it looks like everything is good in the 16 module.

As for the engine, I checked the difference between mine and yours and again it's because you are automatic:
1669823884164.png

So I'm not sure what your problem is. Unless someone can tell me there is an adaptation in a certain module to look for, then I can go look and tell you what I have set.

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
This thing gonna make me go crazy 😜 I have re-contacted EQT to see what they have to say. @git443, are you tuned?
I am not tuned. Fully stock. Take a screenshot of your owners manual and tell them it's not operating like the manuals says it should be.

What I see online is that this behavior is different for newer cars. So while they say the flash file doesn't touch the cruise control, that could be true. However, the new ECU flash might be interpreting the coding in the modules as if it was a newer car (meaning the ECU flash file was based on an newer model year and when flashed to an older model year it behaves differently).

1669824808365.jpeg

Last edited:

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
No, I have not. EQT wasn't helpful and just gave up.
Did you ever try flashing back to stock to see if it reverses the problem? I wondering if by applying these tunes you permanently cause this problem. I'm looking to get a tune and most of these companies have a money-back guarantee if you are not happy. However I worry that if I 'flash back to stock' using their software that it will not put everything back. I worry that by 'flashing back to stock' it means it flashes the ECU using a 'stock file' that they have in their database, and not an actual copy of your ECU.

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
Did you ever try flashing back to stock to see if it reverses the problem? I wondering if by applying these tunes you permanently cause this problem. I'm looking to get a tune and most of these companies have a money-back guarantee if you are not happy. However I worry that if I 'flash back to stock' using their software that it will not put everything back. I worry that by 'flashing back to stock' it means it flashes the ECU using a 'stock file' that they have in their database, and not an actual copy of your ECU.
I have not tried as it's not as much of a hassle for me then it is to flash stock, try it out and flash back tune. To be honest, the extra HP is worth it more then +10 km/h increments ;)