GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Southbend Stg 3 Daily Life/Longevity

sharkbait20

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
Obviously subject to variances in driving styles, harshness, etc. but overall, what is a conservative estimate on life/longevity of one of these clutches? Trying to make a determination if the extra $$ to buy from FCPEuro is worth it for lifetime warranty over upfront savings from EQT.
thanks.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
20K KM on Stage 2 on mine, no problems. I expect it to last the life of the car.

sharkbait20

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
Depends on a lot of variables...of which you've given us none.
Ok. Assuming you are daily/spirited driving the car and not making more power than the clutch is rated for. What other important variables might we be talking here to get a general idea of life expectancy of an aftermarket clutch?
I’m trying to get a best estimate to figure if I might need to do a replacement after 20k miles, 50k miles, never need a replacement

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
10K Miles and 2 track days on mine so far with APR Stage 3 IS38. Seems to be holding out great.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Ok. Assuming you are daily/spirited driving the car and not making more power than the clutch is rated for. What other important variables might we be talking here to get a general idea of life expectancy of an aftermarket clutch?
I’m trying to get a best estimate to figure if I might need to do a replacement after 20k miles, 50k miles, never need a replacement
Driver experience, clutch break-in, how close your engine pushes the max torque rating, how often you launch it from a dig, city vs highway driving...etc

Are you still at stock power? I assume no since you are looking at a stage 3, or maybe you plan on adding more power in the future?

Clutches should last well over 20k miles, even 50k hard miles of spirited driving. I'd pay the premium for FCP euro, save a few hundred and go with a stage 2 which is good to 465ftlbs.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Driver experience, clutch break-in, how close your engine pushes the max torque rating, how often you launch it from a dig, city vs highway driving...etc

Are you still at stock power? I assume no since you are looking at a stage 3, or maybe you plan on adding more power in the future?

Clutches should last well over 20k miles, even 50k hard miles of spirited driving. I'd pay the premium for FCP euro, save a few hundred and go with a stage 2 which is good to 465ftlbs.
Bad advice. Stage two is not enough.