GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor MK7 GTI

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Oh nice, yeah that's true I'm just worried it'll void my warranty. How much do you think the dealership will charge? Also does it sound that bad without the Soundaktor?

Bone loads of adaptations and had no problems with warranty work. As for the sound, it sounds 100% better without the POS Soundaktor working.

clementxg

Hey guys, newbie here. Just got my 17 GTI 2 weeks ago.
Please correct me if I'm wrong: Can I make everything else "sport" except engine noise still Normal in customized mode?

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Who told you that? You think if you screw up the coding on, e.g., your lights a dealer is going to fix it for free? LOL.

Depends on the dealer. I miss coded a few things in my DRLs and needed a reset and they did it for me in about 5 minutes, free of charge and no warranty flag on my account. Sometimes you get lucky with a good maint department :)

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, newbie here. Just got my 17 GTI 2 weeks ago.
Please correct me if I'm wrong: Can I make everything else "sport" except engine noise still Normal in customized mode?

Yes, there is a specific setting for "interior engine noise" in the custom/individual mode settings.

Another option is to code the soundaktor to 50%. So when set to Sport it would be about as loud as it is by default when set to Normal. And then when set to Normal it is completely off, as far as I can tell.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Depends on the dealer. I miss coded a few things in my DRLs and needed a reset and they did it for me in about 5 minutes, free of charge and no warranty flag on my account. Sometimes you get lucky with a good maint department :)

Smart of them to play fair, for brand loyalty sake...

clementxg

Yes, there is a specific setting for "interior engine noise" in the custom/individual mode settings.

Another option is to code the soundaktor to 50%. So when set to Sport it would be about as loud as it is by default when set to Normal. And then when set to Normal it is completely off, as far as I can tell.

So "Normal" means 50%?

nype

Drag Racing Champion

alderran1

Ready to race!
I'm trying to disable the Soundaktor in my MK7 GTI. I have a few questions. Will it sound better? Or does the 4 Cylinder not sound very good? Also can i ask the dealership to do it or can i just buy an OBD11 thing? How much will the dealership charge? I dont wanna unplug it as I heard it fucks up sensors.

It doesn't do much other than amplify the existing sound so it will sound the same just not as loud in the cabin. I didn't notice it for a year and a half until I put it in sport mode on a windy road and noticed it became louder. I ran back down the same road in normal using paddle shifters to keep my rpms at the same level they were in sport and noticed it was quieter. WTF does this stupid slow lame car have a cheesy noise amplifier. I disconnected it months ago by simply unplugging no issue so far. Wish I could sue VW and get my money back. It is false advertising

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I haven't driven a MK7 GTI with it off to know, but the R motor sounds pretty good at speed as soon as the it gets on the cam and the exhaust flaps open. As you probably know, its head breathes much better at higher RPM than the GTI.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It's at relatively low, around town speeds - say up to and around 35 mph, where I like the soundaktor.
I gives the car a deep low end sound.

CharmedL1fe

Passed Driver's Ed
It doesn't do much other than amplify the existing sound so it will sound the same just not as loud in the cabin. I didn't notice it for a year and a half until I put it in sport mode on a windy road and noticed it became louder. I ran back down the same road in normal using paddle shifters to keep my rpms at the same level they were in sport and noticed it was quieter. WTF does this stupid slow lame car have a cheesy noise amplifier. I disconnected it months ago by simply unplugging no issue so far. Wish I could sue VW and get my money back. It is false advertising

^^^ This guy [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
It's at relatively low, around town speeds - say up to and around 35 mph, where I like the soundaktor.

I gives the car a deep low end sound.

I prefer it on as well. Even with my CSS muffler. The normal volume though. Sport volume is too much.

Joverclock

Passed Driver's Ed
can you make it louder with obd11? I like it. my GTI doesnt sound like the golf R though which seems to be louder? Does the golf R have a different model soundkator or is it just turned up volume?
thanks!!

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ive come full circle on this one. Plugged the soundaktor back in and cranked it up to Sport. Who gives a s#*t if it’s fake? It’s free and it makes the car more fun to drive. The CSS muffler added volume but not enough in the cabin. I’ll have fun with the soundaktor until I get a DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk