GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Solution to Heeltoe Woes

JeffGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks I will definitely pick this up, heel toe'ing is way more difficult than it should be bone stock. This with my forge short shifter should make my stock car a bit more enjoyable.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Let's pump the brakes a bit. Haha. A few of us jumped on this. The rest of you guys should wait for more feedback. I jumped on the boomba racing short shift kit because of all the positive reviews. Installed it and found I didn't like it.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Let's pump the brakes a bit. Haha. A few of us jumped on this. The rest of you guys should wait for more feedback. I jumped on the boomba racing short shift kit because of all the positive reviews. Installed it and found I didn't like it.

I bought one after doing more research and the reviews are really good (getting it later this week). I know it will fix/improve an issue I have with the throttle pedal. I think a short shifter is a little more complicated though lol. I was going to get an aftermarket short shifter, but didn’t want to risk not liking the feel so just went with the oem short shifter and love it.

Navi

Autocross Champion
wow everyone jumping on this. I don't think it helped that much. There are two problems with the pedal layout. First, the lateral distance between the brake pedal and throttle pedal. Second, how far down the throttle pedal is in relation to the brake pedal. This only addresses the second issue and barely at that.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
wow everyone jumping on this. I don't think it helped that much. There are two problems with the pedal layout. First, the lateral distance between the brake pedal and throttle pedal. Second, how far down the throttle pedal is in relation to the brake pedal. This only addresses the second issue and barely at that.

Have you considered adjusting your heal toe style? Whenever I'm on the brake at all, it seems that the accelerator is at the perfect height and spot to "heal toe".

Navi

Autocross Champion
Yes I have tried multiple things. I could do it fine on my older cars which ironically were all Japanese. I even tried different shoes than my driving shoes. Anyways I blame the pedals lol. I have a couple big things coming that will help with this though. :cool:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Question, is this a solution for people who are racing their cars (track). I have watched a video of the heel toe, never did it as I did not have a need to. I've never tracked my car so I don't know these methods. Thanks

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I'm trying to understand how this will resolve the heel toe issue in these cars. The pedal spacing is too far apart and the gas pedal is no longer floor mounted. Once you depress the brake, you're already in line with the gas pedal, so what good does this part do?

The issue for me is pivoting my foot enough to tap the gas. Maybe the spacer will allow for less pivot of the foot, making it easier? Maybe the only solution for me is to wear comfortable footwear and practice more.

Question, is this a solution for people who are racing their cars (track). I have watched a video of the heel toe, never did it as I did not have a need to. I've never tracked my car so I don't know these methods. Thanks

Primarily for the the track but can be used in daily driving, prior to entering a turn.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I drive a DSG, but I have noticed that I have to lift my entire foot off the gas to reach for the brake pedal. I can pivot my toes over and be touching the side of the brake, but it's not squarely covering it unless I reposition my entire foot.

Is that basically what you guys are talking about?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Sounds like I'm the only fan of the Razo. I was initially skeptical of the design but it was the only practical options at the time. Mine feels great, is very secure and still won't budge. Maybe I could add the spacer...

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Sounds like I'm the only fan of the Razo. I was initially skeptical of the design but it was the only practical options at the time. Mine feels great, is very secure and still won't budge. Maybe I could add the spacer...

That looks scary lolol

ryohei47

Ready to race!
I drive a DSG, but I have noticed that I have to lift my entire foot off the gas to reach for the brake pedal. I can pivot my toes over and be touching the side of the brake, but it's not squarely covering it unless I reposition my entire foot.

Is that basically what you guys are talking about?

Exactly the same for me, DSG doesn't heel toe but I hate lifting my entire foot to reach the brake pedal since my foot gets caught on the side of the brake pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk