GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD : Used GTI 6spd Wavetrac LSD $800

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
SOLD : Used Wavetrac® Differential VW 02Q 2WD 6MT MK5 MK6 MK7

SKU: 10-309-175WK

Price : $800 (inclusive of paypal fees and shipping)

Original price : $1200 (with shipping, but without bolt kit $120)

Miles : 24,500

ARP bolts are installed, but 4 of the nuts are missing. Unfortunately went missing during shipping. I am not charging for that which is $120 since the 4 nuts are missing. Not sure how easy to replace.

Full boring history:
I had this in my Golf for 24,500 miles. It was great. I started to get a grinding noise on hard acceleration. Mechanic thought it was the LSD. Autotech has a lifetime warranty, but instead of waiting for repair, I bought a Quaife and replaced it. The grinding noise persisted and turned out to be a loose motor mount. I sent the Wavetrac to Autotech anyway. There was nothing wrong with it, which we kind of figured out, but i wanted a clean bill of health. Thought about keeping it in case I don't like the Quaife or as a backup, but WTH, can use this money towards an oil cooler and Golf R bumper

TLDR : there was nothing wrong with the Wavetrac, but confirmed by Autotech

It's still in the box from Autotech. Btw, they're awesome to work with

20220520_195542.jpg

Screenshot_20220601-155735_Email.jpg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bump

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bump.

Great option for anyone with an GTI S with no LSD.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I wanted to keep it sealed from Autotech, but i can open it and take pics

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I think it would go a long way if we weren't looking at Schrodinger's Wavetrac here, but it is your property and please do as you wish :)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I like that it's sealed. I would have bought this already if I hadn't already spent too much on car parts lately... glws.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Make me an offer. Worst that can happen is i say no

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
To meet the budget I assigned myself... $-300 lol. Maybe in a few months though...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not sure if this is usable with the eLSD. Autotech lists the eLSD part number as 10-309-176WK

Its probably similar and may be able to be used but there might be some subtle difference as well

http://www.wavetrac.net/application.htm

Thanks for that. I've seen people use wavetrac even though they had elsd, but didn't realize it's different part#. I'll edit my post

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I think it would go a long way if we weren't looking at Schrodinger's Wavetrac here, but it is your property and please do as you wish :)
Ok. I had to look up Schrodinger. So to remove any doubts, here it is out of the box. And you can see all the bolts from the ARP bolt kit are there and all but 4 of the nuts.

20220606_181625.jpg

20220606_181615.jpg

20220606_181700.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bump.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I will say I felt like the Wavetrac was more effective than the Quaife. Could feel it sending more of the power to the outside wheel resulting in better rotation.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ordered the 4 missing nuts so it'll have the compete ARP bolt kit as well.