GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD! 2019 White GTI ‘Rabbit Edition’ Pristine with $17,714 in Mods and Upgrades. Asking $24,000.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
Sounds just like people wasting their time picking on an old man. You’d have better luck selling on Facebook Marketplace. I had a low mileage GTI clean title that I reverted back to stock and didn’t get a single inquiry from this forum and listed below kbb. Ended up selling to a VW dealer.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I haven't read a single post I would consider hostile. All people are doing is telling you that mods don't add value to your vehicle, and that it might be difficult to sell a car that won't currently pass smog in the state you are selling it in. You are of course free to do whatever you want and ask whatever price you wish.

For a Zen Buddhist, you seem awfully defensive to me. :unsure:
Yeah, unfortunately doing anything to a car beyond using oe parts suddenly makes you a car molester. Everyone seems to want an unmolested car 🤷‍♂️...

OP, you might have better luck selling the car for above the lowest kbb values at the track when you go out. More people there are willing to pay for a car "with upgrades" if they have a purpose for them. Other than that, if it's truly clean and you think worth more than what others here are saying, then trying to get approved for BAT might be a good idea. Though, if you think people are rocking your boat here, BAT will leave you cowering...those folks can be brutal when they smell blood.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Though, if you think people are rocking your boat here, BAT will leave you cowering...those folks can be brutal when they smell blood.
Yeah, I was going to say that this forum, and even this thread in particular, seem pretty mellow for the Internet overall haha. I'm not sure what the market looks like over at BAT, but I know on Cards and Bids, MK7 and newer have been selling for much lower than I would have expected.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Yeah, I was going to say that this forum, and even this thread in particular, seem pretty mellow for the Internet overall haha. I'm not sure what the market looks like over at BAT, but I know on Cards and Bids, MK7 and newer have been selling for much lower than I would have expected.

I think the used car market is softening a bit 🤷‍♂️

I'd recommend listing this on other sites, this place doesn't get that much traffic, and most of it already has or had a GTI. I had a 6mt G37 sedan prior to my Golf and got zero interest on the forums. Ironically, sold to a local from a craigslist ad.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think the used car market is softening a bit 🤷‍♂️

I'd recommend listing this on other sites, this place doesn't get that much traffic, and most of it already has or had a GTI. I had a 6mt G37 sedan prior to my Golf and got zero interest on the forums. Ironically, sold to a local from a craigslist ad.
Agree with all of this.

Small cross-section of GTI sold on CaB recently-ish. There's MK8 going for around $30k or less over there. Also of note is it's kind of a mixed bag. Some with modifications seem to sell a bit higher, but it's all about finding that right buyer that knows what they're getting into. A lot of the samples there are unmodified though.

https://carsandbids.com/search/volkswagen/gti?start_year=2015

1697808485909.png

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
And incidentally, Buddhism, especially Zen, is more of a set of principles by which to live one's life than it is a religion. There is no God in Buddhism. Nothing to believe in, other than reincarnation which is pretty silly but never mind that. It is about living an authentic life. Living in the present moment. Involvement in and respect for nature. Being honest. And most of all, having harmony with the other living beings one encounters. That is why I stated that.

It strikes me as bizarre how hostile some of the comments are posted here. I'm trying to sell a car. It is what it is. If you have an interest and have questions, I will readily respond. And consider all reasonable offers.

The fact is, many even among the VW enthusiast community, do not know the history of Racigline fka VWR. It was conceived to be what AMG is to Mercedes. It is the 'R' in R32. It is also the 'R' in Golf R. For reasons I don't know, that never happened.

Not sure why providing some simple perspective would ire you and cause such a volatile response. Not everyone knows the story. Take a look in the mirror buddy.
Lol... You think this place is hostile? Go post your car for sale in a Facebook VW group and see how hostile it can get. Look old man, I'm 45 and have been in the VW scene since I was 17. This forum already knows about Racingline and what they are to VW so stop trying to flex your average knowledge of them. Yes, they were formed back in 1997, originally named Volkswagen Motorsport UK, fully owned by the Volkswagen Group AG in Germany, to run the factory production for their motorsport programs and provide all of the parts for TCR cars. Their aftermarket parts for the MK7/7.5 cars are not amazing and the best out there. But good luck with your sell, you'll need it at that price.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Nice ride....I will agree with those that say it's difficult to recoup the cost of mods unless you remove and sell separate. Even if you find the person that wants one built that way most will then say "I wish it wasn't modded" even if done to exactly what they want.

used mods:
new in box = -30% over new
used = -40 to -60%

tires/wheels you can do better on assuming no scrapes/rash

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
I find there to be vein of hostility and anger in many of the posts here. Not all. Just some. And thee are also come reasonable and constructive inputs that I appreciate.

Maybe Im just not accustomed to the norm of communication on these boards. But civil people to not speak to one another this way in face to face communication.

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
Yes, I have become painfully aware that from a fiscal standpoint modding a car is a poor investment. I'm also regretting not keeping the stock parts.

I've never modded a car like this before and then try to sell it. I did basically exactly all these mods to my previous 2016 GTI. I was very happy with them and all went well until at around 88,000 miles older gentleman ran a red light in a giant construction truck and hit me head on totaling that car and causing injuries from which I am still trying to recover. So didn't comprehend the mistakes I made on that project.

IMG_3796.jpg

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
Lots of good input above, and I appreciate it. Lowering the price to $24,000. There has to be price at which an out of state buyer (or someone in California who knows how to get a smog certificate) will deem it worth pursuing.

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
There are some aftermarket parts that add value and others that don't

• aftermarket wheels and tires (y)
  • Oem euro tail lights (y)(y)
  • Big brake kit (y)(y)(y)

• Downpipe (n)
  • aftermarket turbo (n)(n)
  • engine mounts, clutch, lsd (n)(n)(n)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
There are some aftermarket parts that add value and others that don't

• aftermarket wheels and tires (y)
  • Oem euro tail lights (y)(y)
  • Big brake kit (y)(y)(y)

• Downpipe (n)
  • aftermarket turbo (n)(n)
  • engine mounts, clutch, lsd (n)(n)(n)
Meh, pretty much all mods are subjective. You would have to find the right buyer that likes those particular wheels, etc. For instance, I've never been a big fan of the euro tail lights and would prefer the stock ones.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Lots of good input above, and I appreciate it. Lowering the price to $24,000. There has to be price at which an out of state buyer (or someone in California who knows how to get a smog certificate) will deem it worth pursuing.
I'm actually curious about the oil cooler. Since you mentioned that you don't really track the car or drive it too hard, did you have any issues keeping the oil warm enough? I know the usual adage around here is to not rip on it until 185° oil temp. Have you had any issues getting up to and hitting that temp in a normal commute?