GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So which one it's the "safe" turbo for the GTI mk7

orate.cl

Hello guys, I have seen all the threads of turbo problems (exploding) but came with no conclusion at all if there are a "safe" turbo series for ECU upgrade. I'm buying a GTI in less than a month and I'm terrified about this matter, I would really like to know which series to look for.

I did the ECU upgrade on all my older GTI's I had 1x mk4, 1x mk5 and 2x mk6, all went smooth with no problems whatsoever I really want to do it on my mk7. So please help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
702 G for GTI is the latest and the one that seems more sturdy. All the new production GTI's have this revision in the US.

I have a 702 T and so far so good...

orate.cl

I just bought a red MK7 with just 4k miles on it, it is NEW there not a single detail I could find in the car. According to the dealer there was no modifications whatsoever in the car but when got home I began searching all the papers and found the previous owner name which I casually I used to know from other times. Happily I know too that the guy takes care of his cars usually they are in great shape.

So, I decided to give him a call and ask him a few questions (phone number was in the papers) in conclusion the car is ECU modified. The turbo is the 702T and car was bought FEB-2015. He did the APR stage I modification with v1.2 95RON the "slower one". Now I'm kinda scared. has the 702 T been too faulty? I'm not a heavy runner but I don't usually like to stress much from this kinds of stuff...

Best regards guys.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I just bought a red MK7 with just 4k miles on it, it is NEW there not a single detail I could find in the car. According to the dealer there was no modifications whatsoever in the car but when got home I began searching all the papers and found the previous owner name which I casually I used to know from other times. Happily I know too that the guy takes care of his cars usually they are in great shape.

So, I decided to give him a call and ask him a few questions (phone number was in the papers) in conclusion the car is ECU modified. The turbo is the 702T and car was bought FEB-2015. He did the APR stage I modification with v1.2 95RON the "slower one". Now I'm kinda scared. has the 702 T been too faulty? I'm not a heavy runner but I don't usually like to stress much from this kinds of stuff...

Best regards guys.

Did you buy it from a VW dealer?

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
No, it's a independant dealer, has a good reputation.
But the car it's supposed to be in warranty from VW which now it's lost because of the modification no?

No, a manufacturer cannot void a warranty because of a modification. They have to prove that the mod caused the issue that occurred. They have a right to deny service, but then you just go to the next dealer. Chances are that by now there's so much data recorded since the tune you don't have to worry about them checking

bdegen94

Ready to race!
No, a manufacturer cannot void a warranty because of a modification. They have to prove that the mod caused the issue that occurred. They have a right to deny service, but then you just go to the next dealer. Chances are that by now there's so much data recorded since the tune you don't have to worry about them checking

Keep in mind that this guy is in France it may be different over there

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
No, it's a independant dealer, has a good reputation.
But the car it's supposed to be in warranty from VW which now it's lost because of the modification no?

use the tune, and if something goes wrong don't mention the tune, bought used ;)