GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Siri with 2015 MIB1

Hale

Car(s)
GTD
I have searched the forum with no definitive answer but why would it be that Siri does not function correctly in my early 2015 GTD with Discover Pro? It intermittently works (I am aware the cable needs to be plugged in) but also if responding quickly to a message it will not allow dictation when either microphone button is pressed on the iphone. Is this is known issue that cannot be worked around? Does an upgrade to MIB2 or 2.5 sort this out? Thanks in advance.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Does your 2015 have CarPlay? I know in the US we didn’t get it until 2016 but wasn’t sure if that was earlier model year in the UK.

If not, have you tried using over bluetooth? We had an exceptionally difficult time with the stupid proprietary media cable in our 2015 Golf when we had it and just ended up using Bluetooth for everything which seemed to work alright.

Hale

Car(s)
GTD
Thanks for your reply. I have a USB connection as it is Discover pro but on a MIB1 and therefore no carplay, and bluetooth is a nightmare (no idea why). Think i will just upgrade to MIB2.