Show us your MK7

jjm51

Ready to race!

that looks real good.

enjoy it in good health!

'don't mess with texas!' :cool:

jasonjb

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at the little wheel next to the light switch. In my GTI the dash brightness setting is buried 6 sub menus deep in the centre console.

ya that controls dash light level. guess it must be different here in north america than australia

EJness

Passed Driver's Ed

Worked 8am - 9pm today. Took some pics of Regina in the parking lot. I thought the empty lot and street light made a nice setting. Loving my first Euro/VW car ever.

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
I'm looking at the little wheel next to the light switch. In my GTI the dash brightness setting is buried 6 sub menus deep in the centre console.

In every vw I have ever owned going back to 1997 they always had an interior light adjustment right next to the light switch. How could cars not have that ?

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
In every vw I have ever owned going back to 1997 they always had an interior light adjustment right next to the light switch. How could cars not have that ?

Same here, mk4, mk5, mk6, right up until the Mk7.

The European built Mk7's do not have a dash brightness dial, it is a setting on the infotainment system under CAR.

I have no idea behind the logic, for a car packed with safety features it grasps me as very dangerous to adjust on the fly.
If on a motorway with no exits in sight you would just have to put up with a bright dash at night until you could safely pull over to adjust.

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
wow just looked again at a euro car and it's just blank space there! Can't believe out of everything we don't get they give us that switch which really comes in handy.

Must be a DOT thing over here in NA.

Vikro

picked up my new car yesterday..

went for the 3dr GT TSI manual, ACT, BMT..
Durban Alloys, Sunroof and de bagged.
love this new car smell...