GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Shift Transmission Adapter - Boomba Racing

BONJA85

Did you verify that everything was installed properly? We have sold thousands of these pieces and missing third gear/having difficulty getting into third gear is something that shouldn't be happening.

Yes I tried multiple times to get it to work properly, removed and reinstalled. I also tried adjusting the shift linkage with the locking pin in place and just couldn't get it to act right. I wish it would have worked, I liked the shortened throw.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
I installed this at the same time as ECS bushings. 3rd gear was hard to fin and it actually popped out of gear a couple times on me. I removed the adapter and kept the bushings in. Anyone want to buy an adapter?

exact same thing happened to me and another guy who also posted. Also looks like we all have one thing in common and that's the ECS Bushings...most likely that could be the problem, but i just ended up removing the adapter as well.

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I was just about to mention that, it sounds like the ECS bushings when paired with our plate might cause some type of issues to certain users.

lokerola

Ready to race!
exact same thing happened to me and another guy who also posted. Also looks like we all have one thing in common and that's the ECS Bushings...most likely that could be the problem, but i just ended up removing the adapter as well.

Just my .02, but I've been running the Boomba shift adapter for over a year of yearly hard driving and it's been perfect. No ECS bushings. FYI.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Installed the adapter on my R and took it on a road trip two days later. It’s amazing! Pairs really well with a clutch stop and made my JB1 a hell of a lot more fun.