Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Because hot babes always check out my car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because of all the above

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

\w/

Ready to race!
Why do you get a an obnoxious grin everytime you drive your GTI / R / Golf ?

erikweber321

Ready to race!
I threw a SMFW in my gti and stiffened the dogbone mount....

every single time i put my foot on the gas I officially rock a shit eating grin. the responsiveness with a single mass and stiff engine is INCREDIBLY different, and is exactly what I wish I had out of the car from the get-go. DMFW sure is comfy, but screw that, this is a GTI baby I want to feel its GUTS

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
because a bmw 320i driver tried to cut me off from a light where his lane was about to merge, and I floored it, then he couldn't come close me. So sad he paid atleast $10k more and cannot beat a lowly VW hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
really a single mass fly wheel changed that much?
also because of the potential downpipe in and tune on its way cant wait..

erikweber321

Ready to race!
Because I had my bent wheel fixed and replaced the damaged tire and ride is still as smooth as it was new.

same

i replaced the tire when treads were down to 6mm so the 10mm new wheel screwed it all up. had to buy a new tire to pair with it, suddenly AMAZINGLY better.

Last edited:

erikweber321

Ready to race!
really a single mass fly wheel changed that much?
also because of the potential downpipe in and tune on its way cant wait..

HUGE difference. I'm still in the honeymoon phase since I had it done just this Friday.

I can't overstate it enough, it's a HUGE difference in putting the power down. It's just the feel of letting the clutch engage and putting the power into the wheels; it's immediate and feels so high quality. It's not rough, it's not slushy, there's no strange lag, it's just.....THIS IS SECOND GEAR, AND THIS ROAD IS MY B!TCH kind of thing. I deliberated heavily on dmfw or smfw, and while almost everybody including myself wanted dmfw, I decided that I BOUGHT my car so I'm going to make it my car; not for resale attractiveness. I haven't even had the chance to launch it yet, but UGH...

the feeling of getting to the top of a hill and having to roll through real quick in first to beat the time window and make it into the lane AND NOT WORRYING ABOUT THE WHOLE "ugh crap this is gonna make a thud" feeling...

Not to mention - the SOUND - Ohhhh boy - the sound... The DMFW separates the engine from the user dramatically. The SMFW reconnects the relationship. I can hear my turbo now! I can hear my beautiful audi 2.0T going to WORK. Engaging first is now a reliable function, not guesswork.

I mean I also removed the clutch bleeder valve delay, and also stiffened the engine, so my clutch engagement is AMAZING.

All stock. This is how the car was meant to be driven. I can't even IMAGINE a APR tune or something. JB1 sounds like bad results for me to bother risking damage and time out of my day. I'd rather just rock stock and smash people to bits because of a race clutch upgrade.

south bend stage 2 daily (their lowest option, pedal feel is fantastic, grab will NEVER let me down, loving it, 300/500 breakin).

Last edited: