GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Semi- Leather seat Vrs. Alcantara - owners advice ?

JCJ

Ready to race!
i would if i could, but pr*cks in VW Ireland have stopped the option in the latest spec options which came in a few weeks ago. It's looking like i cant even spec the semi leather seats:mad:
they've also dropped he heated windscreen, winter pack, ergoseats, coloured MFD, DAB radio:mad:

I wanted to have heated windscreen also, but I was told it was not available with telephone preparation and even then I would still have to wait until May 2014 to place an order for it.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I wanted Ergo Active seats, but was told by my dealer that they are not available in the UK.

Ditto that, I'd really have like the opportunity to order these.

JCJ

Ready to race!

Luddite

Ready to race!
I'd urge people to understand that VW, like any other vendor of anything, would happily sell you whatever you wanted.
The reason for all these different specs across different countries is down to the rules each country's legislature have cooked up.
The result is that VW, as any vendor would do, looks at whether it's profitable for something to be available. If it isn't, it won't be. If it is, it will.
I do know that in Ireland's case the govt there taxes absolutely everything and so unless you're prepared to commute in a go-kart, travelling in vehicles is ludicrously expensive.
Governments are invariably the cause of most problems, and never the solution to anything.....

JohnV1

Ready to race!
Really worried about quality of seats having seen this video about GT seats. Really wanted Ergo seats. Any comments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg0to-BRbqE

The chap in the video has a valid issue with his GT seats but I've not experienced the same problem with mine which seem to have much more padding in the leg bolsters.

Perhaps it's a case of early models having a few manufacturing issues with the seats (his would've been made in Feb/March) or it's a genuine factory fault and someone forgot a layer of foam??? Just guessing here.