GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scott's rareboi EQT Vortex Build

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
A whole thread of build and you reply to that? Especially because that negates the context of which he was mentioning oil temp in MFD which was that perhaps the PO had done it (but not the comfort windows?) leading me to suggest that likely his gti was not touched by the PO. But cool, glad you coded in oil temp on your 17.
Thanks for letting me know what i should and should not reply to. I wonder how you managed to retain your sanity while reading through forums -- people do what they shouldn't do according to your rulebook around here left and right. I pray for you.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
1/23/19

Installed my Euro Impulse shift knob to compliment the oem euro short shifter, spent about 15 minutes taking the old knob out and 30 making the logo and the stripes line up on the shifter perfectly...well, im off 2 degrees but I'll fix it later. Really like it a lot.

This weekend I should be getting the eqt vortex put in, I was stuck in limbo for a month and a half because I got a different tune which never arrived. Contacted Ed at EQT and my base tune was here in 30 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to hearing how the vortex goes! Sounds like everyone has loved them so far. Also the knob looks really good. That finish they put on it works very well.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Looking forward to hearing how the vortex goes! Sounds like everyone has loved them so far. Also the knob looks really good. That finish they put on it works very well.

Thanks! I love it. It does get cold in the winter, but I don't really rest my hand on my shift knob so it doesn't bother me at all.

So the vortex lol. A little hiccup because I was supposed to get it done like 2 months ago but i'm still fighting my old tuner for a refund on the tune that he never sent out. I ended up going with Ed @ EQT afterwards and he has the best customer service ever. Anyway, right before I was supposed to go up we realized I still needed the actuator which my installer just sold out of so I frantically tried to get one. Its pushed back to this weekend

Back to the build:
1/29/19

I posted about needing an IS38 Actuator on friday because we forgot about it and my guy had a few back on the original install date 2 months ago but was fresh out right before, all good, because I ended up changing my build up again.

MK717 to the rescue sold me his actuator, (much appreciated) could've picked it up same day but I wouldve had a long drive lol. Thats coming Thursday

...Also... ended up buying an Autotech HPFP because why not? Thanks Joel, also appreciated. That'll be here on Thursday as well. I also bought a nice expensive HEPA filter for my room because its getting super dusty for some reason. Might be the turbo kit and downpipe sitting there for so long :p

Messaged Ed about getting a HPFP basemap instead of the normal one, he said sure shoot me an email. exactly 24 hours and 4 minutes later, I have a HPFP basemap instead of a regular one. Best customer service ever, this is gonna be a sick build. This weekends gonna be the big one.

edit: Oh yeah. I picked up some 5x112 BBS RG-R 18x8 ET35 with real black and gold centercaps. They need a LOT of TLC. But I got them for cheap. They're straight and have no cracks but a lot of rash and scuffs and the last guy sanded down a lot of the scuffs, so I will need to get them refinished.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
2/8/19

I got the following installed:
EQT Vortex with turbo muffler delete, oversized silicon hose, oversized throttle pipe, autotech hpfp, brisk er12s, cts downpipe
At A2B Motorsports with Billy and Vinny! They do amazing work. Quick too. Id only go to them.
Car is running strong on the EQT basemap. Gonna go gap some mustangs

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Really need to get around to cleaning up this thread, but ive done a few upgrades. Eqt is running at 28 psi on the second revision and it is killing everything without a 70k+ price tag or a huge turbo. Really happy how Ed’s tunes are. Unfortunately I only have time to datalog once a week.

I got this package from another country...it looks like its black tar heroin?

Just kidding. Its oem mk7.5 tail lights from eACCA. I caught them at the right time and it came 6 days from when I ordered them lol. Crazy. They shipped from Lativa. Also have a custom harness coming from ZERO815 on the forums, nice guy great instructions. Hope to fit these in tomorrow.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie

Been busy. Heres a carbon fiber wheel I put in, looking for wheels next

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Been busy. Heres a carbon fiber wheel I put in, looking for wheels next

Dope wheel! Where’d you get it from?

Also, if I may ask. Why vortex over is38?

Your build is impressive as hell man. I remember reading a post of yours stating you did a thing to your hood. So I came here and skimmed through everything here but can’t see the hood?

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Dope wheel! Where’d you get it from?

Also, if I may ask. Why vortex over is38?

Your build is impressive as hell man. I remember reading a post of yours stating you did a thing to your hood. So I came here and skimmed through everything here but can’t see the hood?

I am at an EQT XL now, but the eqt is a better turbo than the is38 for what I wanted, I wanted some more smack from this car haha

Lol thanks. Theres a ton more stuff now in the car/out I meant to do an update but its like everything. Something done to my hood? I don't recall, might be someone else I removed the hood insulation and put stickers from my sponsors/companies I support underneath

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I am at an EQT XL now, but the eqt is a better turbo than the is38 for what I wanted, I wanted some more smack from this car haha

Lol thanks. Theres a ton more stuff now in the car/out I meant to do an update but its like everything. Something done to my hood? I don't recall, might be someone else I removed the hood insulation and put stickers from my sponsors/companies I support underneath
Gotcha. Makes sense. I’m actually wanting and looking for something that falls between an is20 and 38. In other words I’m happy with how fast the 20 spools up but would like a stronger mid and top end. I think I may just run the 38 and just ask my tuner to keep boost a hair low

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Sponsors? For what?

Also, how are you getting away with no license plate on the front when living in NJ? I know State Troopers would hem your ass up if they saw you driving around.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Gotcha. Makes sense. I’m actually wanting and looking for something that falls between an is20 and 38. In other words I’m happy with how fast the 20 spools up but would like a stronger mid and top end. I think I may just run the 38 and just ask my tuner to keep boost a hair low

The IS38 will still die at about 5500 RPM.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie

hmm honestly the is38 on the gti spools up quickly for me, the eqt xl is full boost by 3400

Sponsors? For what?

Also, how are you getting away with no license plate on the front when living in NJ? I know State Troopers would hem your ass up if they saw you driving around.

Whiteline. I am an ambassador. As well, other companies I’ve given a nice proposal to have worked with me and I very much appreciate their help

I haven’t been given any real issues. I got pulled over once by a trooper going the opposite way on the freeway trying to meet his quota, for my tint. I have an optometrists note and so he got me for front plate. Sent in a picture of my car with a plate and got it dismissed.