GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*.* Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost) *.*

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Just very quick update, installed the racing line DSG paddles [emoji7]

torga

Autocross Champion
How simple was it to swap in that Mk7 steering wheel? Do all your buttons function?

zrickety

The Fixer
Awesome build!!

torga

Autocross Champion
I have the 24mm H&R rear installed and I really like it! The rear end feels tight and turn-in feels sharp. Though, I don't know how AWD might alter your driving dynamics from my experiences. Hopefully someone with a Golf R can chime in.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I ran it with the APR spring, not that the info helps you much, which I believe was recommended.

zrickety

The Fixer
Seems like a timing issue...I would check that the belt didn't jump.

clownish

just clowning around
Sway bars advise.
————————-

I am comparing between the H&R and SuperPro sway bars.
Both will be same size; 24mm for front and 26mm for rear.
I will install them in my AWD Scirocco.
All opinions are more than welcome :)

Highly recommend H&R. I ran Hotchkiss and Eibach sways prior to H&R - they all do about the same thing but the main difference is their bushings. H&R bushings you never need to grease - they stay quiet and functional, going on 3 or 4 years now. The Hotchkiss fit and finish was garbage - finish peeling after a few months in the salt belt here in the US and the bushings need constant greasing. H&R are dead quiet and reliable.

EDIT: just realized that was a year ago. o_O

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Highly recommend H&R. I ran Hotchkiss and Eibach sways prior to H&R - they all do about the same thing but the main difference is their bushings. H&R bushings you never need to grease - they stay quiet and functional, going on 3 or 4 years now. The Hotchkiss fit and finish was garbage - finish peeling after a few months in the salt belt here in the US and the bushings need constant greasing. H&R are dead quiet and reliable.

EDIT: just realized that was a year ago. o_O
Agreed, H&R bushings great, I have Eibach sways and they quickly started squeaking like mad, I ordered H&R bushings for them and everything quiet since.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Hi,
I was busy the last few months planning for the next upgrade step, and I did it!
DQ500, and Nortech G30-900 0.61A/R are completely installed yesterday. I am in the phase of checking the oil, air, etc leaks now; so, I will drive the car for a few days then will back again to the workshop to check them.
I am waiting for TVS Engineering to send the ECU & DSG files this week.
I am running now the Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Plumb Back that I was using with the EFR7163, any idea/recommendation for DV to use it with this turbo setup?

link for the Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Plumb Back 👇
https://www.turbosmart.com/product/kompact-shortie-plumb-back/

Thanks

Sebas_theFish

Passed Driver's Ed
Just very quick and good update :)
The ECU has been forced to code the AWD parameter and now the car works much much better. The car behavior changed.
Thanks for my brother Ussama who is always helping me in such stupid things [emoji23]

Stay tuned, more is coming [emoji6]

How did you eventually convert the cluster to AWD?