GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs 4 puck- thoughts?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm in Jersey so getting the frigid cold like you are, no buzzing that i feel is coming from the clutch.
My buzzing can be heard and felt through the pedal. Once it warms up it seems to go away for the most part. I'll hear it sometimes of I hang a 1/2 shift too long. The clutch rarely chatters like it did when new now.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
My buzzing can be heard and felt through the pedal. Once it warms up it seems to go away for the most part. I'll hear it sometimes of I hang a 1/2 shift too long. The clutch rarely chatters like it did when new now.

Not sure i feel that buzzing when cold. Will try to pay closer attention.

Agreed, there was slight chatter when first installed, in neutral, with my foot off the pedal. I haven't heard that for a while now, or I'm used to it, ha.

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
About to pull the trigger, and just want to make a sanity check that this is all I will need for a clutch upgrade?
How many miles do you have on your car? Most of us reused the stock DMF. A few of us are using non-metal throw out bearings which is significantly cheaper. If you want to get everything new and get what *may* be the better TOB, you have all you need. Except maybe new bolts for the fly wheel and pressure plate. I replaced all those we new bolts also.

slow12s

Ready to race!
How many miles do you have on your car? Most of us reused the stock DMF. A few of us are using non-metal throw out bearings which is significantly cheaper. If you want to get everything new and get what *may* be the better TOB, you have all you need. Except maybe new bolts for the fly wheel and pressure plate. I replaced all those we new bolts also.
How long can a dmf generally be reused? I know it's totally dependent on the car/dmf, but I'm at 25k miles and hoping to make it to at least 30k before replacing the clutch, just doing my research...thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
How long can a dmf generally be reused? I know it's totally dependent on the car/dmf, but I'm at 25k miles and hoping to make it to at least 30k before replacing the clutch, just doing my research...thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mine was done at 19k and it was in fine shape.

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I actually do not know, I just assumed I did.

Of those 19k miles, how much of it was modded? I'm about to hit 25k.
It think ihow often you launched the car from a stop, or badly mismatched your shifts were matters more. You could just buy a DMF and return it if you find you don't need it.

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr

Are new bolts needed? If so, link?

slow12s

Ready to race!
So just to double check, that is everything for this kit? (the Sachs performance kit, vw metal TOB, Sachs DMF, iAbed RMS and 6 pressure plate and 6 flywheel bolts)? so $982.09 without the DMF (but with a new RMS) and $1369.72 including a new DMF (and new RMS and all the bolts needed) - other than install (which presumably will include tranny fluid) are there any other costs I'm missing? Thanks!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So just to double check, that is everything for this kit? (the Sachs performance kit, vw metal TOB, Sachs DMF, iAbed RMS and 6 pressure plate and 6 flywheel bolts)? so $982.09 without the DMF (but with a new RMS) and $1369.72 including a new DMF (and new RMS and all the bolts needed) - other than install (which presumably will include tranny fluid) are there any other costs I'm missing? Thanks!
That's it!