GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S550 5.0 Mustang vs GTi Stage 1

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Had friendly encounter with yet another 5.0, this one was tougher, could be because the guy could drive, who knows? We did a short pull from 50ish mph to 105mph due to traffic and not the greatest place to race. I lost by half a car or so but it was a pretty good run.

Very happy that I can give 5.0's trouble with my car. Once I got Stage 2 with downpipe I will say "goodbye" to 5.0's, not the brand new ones because those are stupid fast but the S550's and older ones I will beat no problem. lol

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

Had friendly encounter with yet another 5.0, this one was tougher, could be because the guy could drive, who knows? We did a short pull from 50ish mph to 105mph due to traffic and not the greatest place to race. I lost by half a car or so but it was a pretty good run.

Very happy that I can give 5.0's trouble with my car. Once I got Stage 2 with downpipe I will say "goodbye" to 5.0's, not the brand new ones because those are stupid fast but the S550's and older ones I will beat no problem. lol

The s550 is the new Mustang, the slightly older model was a Coyote engine. I walk both rather easily in my R so once you're stage 2 given the weight advantage you will probably pull on one as well.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
The s550 is the new Mustang, the slightly older model was a Coyote engine. I walk both rather easily in my R so once you're stage 2 given the weight advantage you will probably pull on one as well.

Yeah man. I'm happy I can hang at the very least to be honest. I played with a 5th Gen Camaro SS yesterday with exhaust from 40-120mph and I walked him up top, mid range was close, by 100mph I already had 2 cars on him. He was shocked at the result..... LOL

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Yeah man. I'm happy I can hang at the very least to be honest. I played with a 5th Gen Camaro SS yesterday with exhaust from 40-120mph and I walked him up top, mid range was close, by 100mph I already had 2 cars on him. He was shocked at the result..... LOL

Yeah I ran into one of those too, he kept trying over and over again as if there was going to be a different result.. Maybe he was hoping I'd blow my turbo so he can sleep better at night. :D

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!

the 2018 s550 facelift has 460 hp vs 2017 has 435.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Lol!

Must be a V6

Yup. No way will a stage 1 GTi hang with a brand new 5.0. I say this because I'm Stage 1 and I hang barely with a 5.0, previous styles before face lift. No way in hell.... a Stage 1 GTi hanging with new one. 5.0's are no joke.....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yup. No way will a stage 1 GTi hang with a brand new 5.0. I say this because I'm Stage 1 and I hang barely with a 5.0, previous styles before face lift. No way in hell.... a Stage 1 GTi hanging with new one. 5.0's are no joke.....

Maybe if it’s a vert without the track package (3.73 gears). I’d imagine they don’t like the extra weight and highway gearing (3.05 maybe?)

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Even that Mustang will probably be tough to beat unless GTi is Stage 2. I think a Stage 2 GTi will be neck a neck with a brand new 5.0 stang. The previous styles GTi will win no doubt.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Your average stage 2 GTI is going to be easily outrun by an '18 5.0.

They've already trapped 119 bone stock. Even if the average one is 117, that's still 3-5mph more than a typical stage 2 GTI.

Its going to take an FBO IS20 with meth or corn and weight reduction to win that fight.

Even most IS38s will have their hands full.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Your average stage 2 GTI is going to be easily outrun by an '18 5.0.

They've already trapped 119 bone stock. Even if the average one is 117, that's still 3-5mph more than a typical stage 2 GTI.

Its going to take an FBO IS20 with meth or corn and weight reduction to win that fight.

Even most IS38s will have their hands full.

Agreed, especially if it’s an auto with the new 10 speed trans. Those have trapped 12’s stock

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Agreed, especially if it’s an auto with the new 10 speed trans. Those have trapped 12’s stock

Hot Rod Magazine went 11.83@119.5 showroom stock.

10 speed automagic with the track pkg...they're legitimately fast cars.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Hot Rod Magazine went 11.83@119.5 showroom stock.

10 speed automagic with the track pkg...they're legitimately fast cars.

Not to mention they're good looking, I haven't wanted a Mustang this bad since I was a kid. I always said I'd get a '69 when I get older, now I want the new one.. especially the upcoming Bullit. I love my R for a daily but fuck do I want one of those in my garage for those sunny weekends.