GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 1

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking at remap options for the GTD as I feel it needs a bit more power to be perfect...

Was looking at Revo as they have always performed well, however I can't find much info on this, has anyone gone with Revo and if so what are your thoughts.

Cheers

golfhappy

Ready to race!
Did overwrite my Superchips software with Revo on my MK6 GTD worst move i ever did. I'm currently running a Superchips bluefin on my MK7. i'm pleased with the results.

golfhappy

Ready to race!
What was the issue you had with the Revo map?

It had more progressive torque through the rev range, as the Superchip had a more surge and you felt it. I've always quoted that it was as if the maps were the wrong way round going on Revo's reputation for being more agressive.

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
It had more progressive torque through the rev range, as the Superchip had a more surge and you felt it. I've always quoted that it was as if the maps were the wrong way round going on Revo's reputation for being more agressive.

Ah I have heard that about Revo in the past, they keep it quite linear similar to the standard maps input I guess...

With regards to the superchips map, how would you describe it? and has your MPG dropped by too much on general driving?

golfhappy

Ready to race!
Ah I have heard that about Revo in the past, they keep it quite linear similar to the standard maps input I guess...

With regards to the superchips map, how would you describe it? and has your MPG dropped by too much on general driving?

Put it this way the MK6 map and the MK7 map are quite alike. Put your foot down say coming out a rounabout and it takes off. Driven normally maybe about 3 to 4 mpg better and well drops when driven spirited.
I like the fact that you can remove the map with the bluefin for services.
I also recently put a DTUK pedal box on and that in sport+ mode coupled with the map..it's like a savage tiger! mind i don't know what a savage tigers like.

golfhappy

Ready to race!
You order the OBD reader/ remap and it's all done remotely. No need to go anywhere.

Rappy:cool:

I knew Shark did that, but didn't know Carbon did....bugger...saying that i'm not going to shell out £500 to have it done again. I'm quite impressed the now with that pedal box.

golfhappy

Ready to race!
Looks like i could be going with Carbon Chip tuning... just worried about my warranty :confused:

I suppose its a gamble. I had a 12plate Supercopa new and the milage from Edinburgh to Fife and it was tuned! and that was a map that i couldn't take out. There was a thread on Ross Tech forum where they said they didn't really hold much faith in the ECU flash counter. So if you can swap maps you might be ok. Here's my solution http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=274704.0

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
I suppose its a gamble. I had a 12plate Supercopa new and the milage from Edinburgh to Fife and it was tuned! and that was a map that i couldn't take out. There was a thread on Ross Tech forum where they said they didn't really hold much faith in the ECU flash counter. So if you can swap maps you might be ok. Here's my solution http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=274704.0

Yeah it's a bit of a gamble, Nick at Carbon Chip said the TD1 isn't actually flagged by the car but by the dealer if they think anything is wrong...

Flash counter does increment by one every time you plug a VCDS or software in, think I will map it, now just need to find insurance company that will allow modifications as I called AXA last night and they don't insure cars with modifications.

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Yeah it's a bit of a gamble, Nick at Carbon Chip said the TD1 isn't actually flagged by the car but by the dealer if they think anything is wrong...

Flash counter does increment by one every time you plug a VCDS or software in, think I will map it, now just need to find insurance company that will allow modifications as I called AXA last night and they don't insure cars with modifications.

They don't insure cars with modifications at all? Thats strange.

I'm with Admiral/Elephant and they're OK with modifications. I've heard Adrian Flux are good for that too.

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
They don't insure cars with modifications at all? Thats strange.

I'm with Admiral/Elephant and they're OK with modifications. I've heard Adrian Flux are good for that too.

Yeh was reading through the small print last night and they won't touch a modified car apparently.

I used to be with Admiral on my last car who wouldn't insure my GTi with a remap but were happy with suspension mods and exhaust...

Think it all depends who you speak to over the phone and what their understanding is