GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo IS38ETR

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
The photo is off the charts good. Amazing contrast in color, excellent shading.

Very kind of you to say, just an car enthusiast with an iPhone!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
You know, with cutting edge search engines like Ask Jeeves and Bing, we essentially have the sum total of all exigent human knowledge at our fingertips. Which is pretty cool.

But sometimes, my spelling is so bad, I don't even know how to find a word on the internet. Like, the internet has all of the words, and yet, what I write, looks like none of them.

And then there are other times where I am talking to someone who knows what they are talking about, and I'd rather hear it from them than asking a cyber bot. So my point is, if someone asks a question on a forum, and you don't want to answer them, just don't answer them.

It's just a courtesy. Ignore, instead of mock, and the world works better. What I'm saying is, if we treat each other with respect, we can stop snarking each other and get down to the important business of inventing a sex robot that can make an omelette and iron.

I like you, but this is the internet and there is no place for courtesy, logic, etc. here.

Forums may be a lost cause, but that sex robot...

EDIT: On the dyno sheet, if it's scaling that's causing that there is still something wrong in my humble opinion. Also the 18:1 AFR around boost onset/spool is beyond frightening to see, but I think the issue is AFR and boost PSI is being misreported due to the JB4. For engine safety I'd log using the JB4 to make sure you're not really that lean in the midrange where the JB4 is working to add fuel.

Last edited:

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
...What I'm saying is, if we treat each other with respect, we can stop snarking each other and get down to the important business of inventing a sex robot that can make an omelette and iron.

Forget the omelette and iron...I want my sex robot to do me like this:

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
anyone can share the revo is 38 etr boost pressure build up process log ?

just installed mine and logs. but found that it can only see the peak boost after 4000rpm around 4200 at 1.8 bar which I thought is a little bit slow.

is it normal how about yours?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

just installed mine and logs. but found that it can only see the peak boost after 4000rpm around 4200 at 1.8 bar which I thought is a little bit slow.

Spool depends on what gear you are in and also what fuel. What gear is this? Pump gas? Is Revo tuning?

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed

CC84BEE8-9970-496B-AF1E-31E30D0F009F.jpeg

Hey, not sure if this JB4 log helps with what you’re looking for.

Apologies in advance if the picture is all over the place, uploaded from iPhone and I’m not sure how it will display for you guys.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
View attachment 27175

Hey, not sure if this JB4 log helps with what you’re looking for.

Apologies in advance if the picture is all over the place, uploaded from iPhone and I’m not sure how it will display for you guys.

thanks, buddy

looks like boost TQ happen at 4K RPM also?

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks, buddy

looks like boost TQ happen at 4K RPM also?

Yes, pretty much for this is a 3rd - 4th gear log.

While on paper 4000rpm to build boost seems high, when driving the car it doesn’t feel laggy at all since it holds that boost till redline, gear after gear :)

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Yes, pretty much for this is a 3rd - 4th gear log.

While on paper 4000rpm to build boost seems high, when driving the car it doesn’t feel laggy at all since it holds that boost till redline, gear after gear :)

yeah...

but it will be perfect peak boost can happen a little early which like 3500RPM

which will be good for a street drive too :)

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
this is my boost log

seems boost build up is too slow

gear 3 full pull logs

Attachments

• sb1.png
    sb1.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 329
  • sb2.png
    sb2.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 308
  • sb3.png
    sb3.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 308

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
anyone can share your boost logs ?
thanks

通过我的 CLT-TL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Hello everyone,

It's done! I collected my car on Christmas Eve after having the IS38ETR installed along with the Revo stage 3 ECU/TCU software and since I have now put a few thousand kilometres on the clock, I thought I would pop in and attempt a quick review.

View attachment 151354

Before the install, the car was running the following mods;

• Intake - Arma
  • Inlet pipe - Leyo
  • Turbo muffler delete - Leyo
  • Intercooler - Wagner
  • Intercooler piping - Leyo
  • Meth kit - BMS
  • JB4 Map 6 - BMS

I did have a IPE turbo back exhaust on the car but sold it a couple of weeks prior to the install and picked up a SuperSprint catless downpipe to go along with the build.

Before the install, I wanted to get some baseline figures from bolt-ons only, so I changed the JB4 to map 0 for a couple of days and went to the dyno. The car put down 264whp and 282wtq with no JB4 and no meth.

It then went in for the IS38 install, Revo full mount kit and the new downpipe and a few days later, she was ready :D

View attachment 151352

Initial impressions are obviously the car is brutally fast, but who didn't expect that. It went back to the same dyno and put down 439whp and 397wtq and going from JB4 to that, you feel every horsepower. Once it builds boost, it just holds and pulls through every gear, the power delivery is so linear, i still can't get my head round it.

View attachment 151353

VBox results
0-100 = 3.4s
100-200 = 7.8s

The Revo mount kit is a gorgeous bit of kit, really well made, just great quality BUT it is harsh at idle. I had a Leyo dogbone mount on the car which was perfect but thats my only experience as far as mounts go so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. The car has a constant vibration at idle which actually isn't that unless the AC is on, then everything is buzzing, worst of it is the sun visors shaking against the roof. Also pulling off from a stop the car does shudder but after reading a few reviews, I have ordered the Fluidampr crank pulley with the hope that it softens that up a bit.

Having said that, as soon as the wheels are spinning, everything is butter smooth. The engine is so planted and just feels ready anytime you burry your foot and the DSG is the exact same, shifts are crisp and precise. A lot of the clunkyness has gone which is great.

I have been daily driving the car back and fourth to work for the last few weeks and surprisingly in Drive, its completely tame. To the point where if it wasn't for the idle vibrations, you wouldn't have any idea its modified or a stage 3 car. The shifts are smooth and not jerky at all and the shift points are perfect. I can finally use Sport mode without the car sticking in 2nd or 3rd gear forever.

Overall, everything seems good and considering the price in comparison to the APR kit, I am absolutely delighted. I had a few pulls with an APR stage 3 and we were neck and neck the whole time apart from some higher speed rolling starts where he pulled on my by about 1.5 car lengths.

Sure there is tons I missed but feel free to ask any questions!

Hello everyone,

It's done! I collected my car on Christmas Eve after having the IS38ETR installed along with the Revo stage 3 ECU/TCU software and since I have now put a few thousand kilometres on the clock, I thought I would pop in and attempt a quick review.

View attachment 151354

Before the install, the car was running the following mods;

• Intake - Arma
  • Inlet pipe - Leyo
  • Turbo muffler delete - Leyo
  • Intercooler - Wagner
  • Intercooler piping - Leyo
  • Meth kit - BMS
  • JB4 Map 6 - BMS

I did have a IPE turbo back exhaust on the car but sold it a couple of weeks prior to the install and picked up a SuperSprint catless downpipe to go along with the build.

Before the install, I wanted to get some baseline figures from bolt-ons only, so I changed the JB4 to map 0 for a couple of days and went to the dyno. The car put down 264whp and 282wtq with no JB4 and no meth.

It then went in for the IS38 install, Revo full mount kit and the new downpipe and a few days later, she was ready :D

View attachment 151352

Initial impressions are obviously the car is brutally fast, but who didn't expect that. It went back to the same dyno and put down 439whp and 397wtq and going from JB4 to that, you feel every horsepower. Once it builds boost, it just holds and pulls through every gear, the power delivery is so linear, i still can't get my head round it.

View attachment 151353

VBox results
0-100 = 3.4s
100-200 = 7.8s

The Revo mount kit is a gorgeous bit of kit, really well made, just great quality BUT it is harsh at idle. I had a Leyo dogbone mount on the car which was perfect but thats my only experience as far as mounts go so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. The car has a constant vibration at idle which actually isn't that unless the AC is on, then everything is buzzing, worst of it is the sun visors shaking against the roof. Also pulling off from a stop the car does shudder but after reading a few reviews, I have ordered the Fluidampr crank pulley with the hope that it softens that up a bit.

Having said that, as soon as the wheels are spinning, everything is butter smooth. The engine is so planted and just feels ready anytime you burry your foot and the DSG is the exact same, shifts are crisp and precise. A lot of the clunkyness has gone which is great.

I have been daily driving the car back and fourth to work for the last few weeks and surprisingly in Drive, its completely tame. To the point where if it wasn't for the idle vibrations, you wouldn't have any idea its modified or a stage 3 car. The shifts are smooth and not jerky at all and the shift points are perfect. I can finally use Sport mode without the car sticking in 2nd or 3rd gear forever.

Overall, everything seems good and considering the price in comparison to the APR kit, I am absolutely delighted. I had a few pulls with an APR stage 3 and we were neck and neck the whole time apart from some higher speed rolling starts where he pulled on my by about 1.5 car lengths.

Sure there is tons I missed but feel free to ask any questions!

Hi bro, im confused are u running the Revo ECu/TCU software or did u achieved that 439whp from JB4 only (with wmi)?.