GOLFMKV

Revo Beta stage 1 MK7 R runs 12.1@113.7 MPH

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

gtiw7

Ready to race!
GTI sucks :( at least so far...

am not saying this BS or anything; but could they be tricking us a bit!? I think lightweight wheels installed on that R contributes to that time! :rolleyes:

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
what are you talking about.

GTI is insane! A DP, Tune, puts you over 300hp for much cheaper than paying for an R.
For what you pay for, it's unbeatable. A gti will pull on an R with the same hp if it grips. who does dig racing on the highway? :rolleyes:

GTI = Best package. period.

Go Kart Champion
lol :D

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
GTI sucks :( at least so far...

am not saying this BS or anything; but could they be tricking us a bit!? I think lightweight wheels installed on that R contributes to that time! :rolleyes:

I agree with Vancity. How could you complain about the highest Hp, most refined interior gti to date? Stage 1 tune give you +110 hp and +100lb of torque (320hp/360 tq). Compare that to a mk6 stage one giving you +58hp +78 lb of torque (255hp/295tq)...the differences are ridiculous. You're ALMOST getting a k04 kit type upgrade on a mk6, as a stage 1 tune for mk7. Why would you complain about that?

gtiw7

Ready to race!
lol guys I was just kidding it definitely doesn't! of course it's miles better than MK6 (as it should be) but to see an R put on 12.1 with just a tune makes me get that weird (trade in?) feeling once again lol and I know it's too late to do so
at the same time am glad GTI's upper brother is that fast, Evo and STI guys will finally shut their mouths!

GoTime1

Ready to race!
dude 4 wheel drive vs front wheel drive etc. So many factors between the R and GTI. Not to mention the price. I still think once the R turbo is slapped on the GTI we gonna get another K04 craze wrt modding

Go Kart Champion
dude 4 wheel drive vs front wheel drive etc. So many factors between the R and GTI. Not to mention the price. I still think once the R turbo is slapped on the GTI we gonna get another K04 craze wrt modding
I am patiently waiting for this

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
AWD is over rated. Haldex is not a true quattro or subaru like 4WD.

GTI seems verrrry veryyy appealing at this moment. Cheaper, already here, just waiting to be modded :( I might be getting more and more interested in the GTI. Just fully load the sucker and bag it.

Go Kart Champion
Btw APR seem to be releasing the stage 1 next week at waterfest

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
The GTI isn't as good as the R *tune for tune*. Haldex is just fine unless going off-road or in deep snow, maybe. But other than that the STi's ain't THAT much better. There was no wheel soon and that 0-60 looks completely accurate.

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport

pay attention revolver.

notice how he has no wheel spin, and look how fast he closes the gap.

good luck doing that with an R, since you will lose 20% of power due to AWD. sure you can do launch control but GTI is lighter, and weight distribution is superb. mk7 will be even better.

FSI mk6 R

this is the same story with GTR's. Sure you can do launch control pull a little more, but trap speed is determined by power. and you will always beat them at the end.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
AWD is over rated. Haldex is not a true quattro or subaru like 4WD.

says every Golf owner period :p the FWD in the GTI isn't a true AWD too, wait it isn't AWD at all!

many people moan about how Haldex isn't full time AWD rather sends torque to rear wheels "when needed"
I Personally call that clever especially when it's functioning like what it was designed for :)