GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Koni Special Actives with OEM springs

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi, How many miles now since the Koni Active(s) install now in 2023 and have they loosened up, stayed the same? How are they holding up? You still on 18" rims? Thanks if you see this.
~7,100 mi since installation now. They’re still great; perfect for this car. Street tires are 18, track tires are 17.
About 12k miles here and they still feel excellent. 18" wheels and stock-sized tires.

Type_RS_59

Ready to race!
I was already planning on doing the Koni Special Actives w/ stock springs and Eurosport camber mounts when the time comes but this thread definitely sealed the deal.

Just curious, @mrmatto , are you on stock sway bars or have you upgraded them too?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I was already planning on doing the Koni Special Actives w/ stock springs and Eurosport camber mounts when the time comes but this thread definitely sealed the deal.

Just curious, @mrmatto , are you on stock sway bars or have you upgraded them too?
Upgraded rear sway. ECS 25mm.

Yeah you'll like these dampers. They continue to impress me.

Type_RS_59

Ready to race!
Thanks @mrmatto

I’ve always done rear bar only on my FWD cars and like how it shifts the balance.

Even though I understand the benefits a frint bar can have on the MQB, I just don’t want to deal with dropping the subframe.

I’ll probably upgrade both the front and rear endlinks though.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Thanks @mrmatto

I’ve always done rear bar only on my FWD cars and like how it shifts the balance.

Even though I understand the benefits a frint bar can have on the MQB, I just don’t want to deal with dropping the subframe.

I’ll probably upgrade both the front and rear endlinks though.

I certainly get not wanting to deal with the install, but if you ever happen to need to drop it I’d consider buying one.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/upgrade-rsb-only-or-do-both-rsb-fsb.429530/
Check out this thread for more info, I have some posts with some data on my Koni SA + H&R 26mm front + 26mm rear combo for what it’s worth. I’m very pleased with it as a do everything setup.

Type_RS_59

Ready to race!
I certainly get not wanting to deal with the install, but if you ever happen to need to drop it I’d consider buying one.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/upgrade-rsb-only-or-do-both-rsb-fsb.429530/
Check out this thread for more info, I have some posts with some data on my Koni SA + H&R 26mm front + 26mm rear combo for what it’s worth. I’m very pleased with it as a do everything setup.
I’ve read that thread and I definitely agree.

I’d certainly be doing a lot of things differently if I planned on using this car for track days and/or autocross, but I’ve already got my Integra for that, and it isn’t even being used enough. Not that I haven’t already built that GTI in my head too though.

:LOL:

I inherited this GTI from my wife in June when she got her new car and I’m just looking to make it a bit more of a fun daily for me. Even these plans for the suspension are long term goals.