GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev Limiter Question

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
it might sound stupid as hell...

but I come from being a Toyota fanboy to owning my first ever VW and every cars I had ...well BOUNCED the rev limiter **KEYWORD : BOUNCED**

well now on my 2018 Tsi, the rev limiter bounce is .. just not there... it just stays there not going any further than it should and etc...

well my question is, is there a way to have back my rev limiter bounce ?

not that I want to bounce the limiter as an RX7 drift car, but... just a bounce or two while in 1st or 2nd just to satisfy my ears :p

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
The stock limiter is a soft limit that starts reducing power gradually a few hundred rpm early, which is why it's boring. I know APR's IS20 tune will raise the limiter to 7k and change it to a hard limit, but I don't know if it becomes very bouncy (The computer might react so fast that the bouncing is indistinguishable). I don't know if any of the stock turbo tunes do that, but it would be worth a check.

Also, from my experience, the more power you have the more you will bounce off the rev limiter with our cars because it happens quicker and the computer has less time to react.

Last edited:

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, from my experience, the more power you have the more you will bounce off the rev limiter with our cars because it happens quicker and the computer has less time to react.

LOL! I had a 08 Yaris stock 1.5L 106HP crank 90whp with a 2.5" (but 4" tip) DC Sport axleback and that thing bounced the limiter like a drift car... that is what I'm trying to achieve lolll would be nice to hear but then again.... N/A vs turbo.. I don't have any experiences with VW but a turbo engine definitely does NOT feel, scream and react the same as an N/A engine too... PLUS VW ECU is way more advanced than a 1999 technology the old ass (but still awesome engine capable of 500whp when tuned right) 1NZFE that I had in my Yaris :p