GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
6 speed convertible?

Those are crazy rare. I don't think I've ever seen one.

VQ's sound great with a proper exhaust system and not just a single exhaust straight pipe fuck boy special. Engines are fairly reliable except the first year engine. The only issue is that they don't love to make a lot of power unless you turbo it.
yep, 6 spd convertible, think its the 'touring' edition? leather seats, nav, etc.

it sounds so good stock! i woldn't touch the exhaust on one of these.

this guy is one of my best friends. he bought this car in like ~2010 when we were both 20. I then bought my stock supercharged cobalt ss and raced him and recall we were absolutely neck and neck. had tons of fun racing around all the time, so we had a total memory lane trip last night hooning around lmao.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well if you're looking to spend some money, plus I know you need an intercooler too.

https://www.mishimoto.com/vw-golf-tsi-r-gti-intercooler-kit-2015.html

The price was too good to pass up, plus free shipping, and 5% off code if you sign up to receive promotional texts. It's only a deal if you select the polished piping, but who cares. For some reason the whole kit is less than if you buy the intercooler alone option. Still hasn't shipped, but there was a note that due to high volume there is a bit of a delay in processing orders. All in I paid $638!

Oh shit. That's a slammin' deal.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well if you're looking to spend some money, plus I know you need an intercooler too.

The price was too good to pass up, plus free shipping, and 5% off code if you sign up to receive promotional texts. It's only a deal if you select the polished piping, but who cares. For some reason the whole kit is less than if you buy the intercooler alone option. Still hasn't shipped, but there was a note that due to high volume there is a bit of a delay in processing orders. All in I paid $638!

Oh shit. That's a slammin' deal.

@dtfd want to swap an intercooler a 4th time? 🤣 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I bet you we could disassemble the front, swap the intercooler, and button it all back up again in under 45 minutes....and without using the service position.

Mishimoto doesn't know shit about cars either.

1661953929617.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
inb4 jay comments about how bad the mishimoto radiator fitment was

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w/DSG

Fuck, if I didn't already need to replace these garbage stock tires (and thus also replace the Austins) I'd snag this deal. If America's Tire doesn't have any labor day deals, I might just get this anyways since I'm on a hybrid schedule.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
We finished up the z yesterday! Bodykit, fender flares ( still need 3" spacers to fluah the wheels) spoiler and some sick side graphics not pictured. This thing is gonna sell for so much. Turbo badge on the right side of the trunk pending the turbo but well get there
20220902_135839.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Never understand people. There is no replacement for the advancement of technology. The people holding onto manuals are exactly like the people holding onto carburetors.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Never understand people. There is no replacement for the advancement of technology. The people holding onto manuals are exactly like the people holding onto carburetors.
The automatic transmission was publicly available a decade are the manual.....

And both those dates are well before any of us were swimming in our dad's balls